Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By coffeeguy84
  • 2 Post By Vinitasse
  • 1 Post By speleomike

Thread: magnet mystery

magnet mystery

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Ok so I've hurt my head for long enough trying to figure out what this does. Why is there magnets on the top outlet from the brew boiler to the group head?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Forgot to mention there located under the metal box/shield thingy on top

The theory i heard was it's for "magnetic de-calcification" , but most people are pretty sceptical as to its effectiveness

Couldn't actually see any magnets in the pic. Yes some folks do believe in magnetic de-calcification as kofekitt said above. Some framers get conned to attach them to bores. It's complete rubbish. Magnets do NOTHING to the water or what it contains.

Dare I Say that the dearly departed Peter has returned to the mortal earth as a coffee enthusiast / designer.!

That's straight out of the Brock Special Vehicles / HDT - Polariser era , aka 1986/7

Yep do your reserach . I happened to be there and watched on as hysteria took over.
    That's straight out of the polariser design book.

Vale Peter ....RIP. Your life and memories will never be lost
    speleomike likes this.

You can even buy magnetic pads to place underneath your water jug or water glass. Apparently a North polarized glass of water will imbue the drinker with positively charged ions which will boost the alkaline levels in the body, thereby warding off harmful bacteria and viruses. I can only assume that drinking South polarized water with negative ions will kill the drinker almost immediately so make sure you put those magnets in properly!!!!
    Dimal and habahabanero like this.

I'm guessing that's an Expobar machine - those magnets seem to be a fetish of Expobar. All their commercial machines have them on the fittings at the top of the heat exchangers, plus another one where the hoses enter/leave the rotary pump head. If I ever have to remove one to access something while working on a machine it usually ends up in the bin rather than back on the machine.

Quote Originally Posted by MorganGT View Post
    If I ever have to remove one to access something while working on a machine it usually ends up in the bin rather than back on the machine.
    I was thinking exactly the same thing, kept getting my screw driver stuck to it!

and yes it's an Expobar Minore

Hi all

The best magnetic therapy scam I saw was a friend of my mums, she had small mag therapy devices on her varicose veins which were taped on. They cost about $10 each or something. They were toroidal shaped and a few millimeters in diameter, they were ... wait for it .... the magnetic toroids from old computer core memory! I like things that get re-used and not thrown out :-)

Mike
    Dimal likes this.

Oh wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeeguy84 View Post
    Dare I Say that the dearly departed Peter has returned to the mortal earth as a coffee enthusiast / designer.!
    That's straight out of the Brock Special Vehicles / HDT - Polariser era , aka 1986/7
    Vale Peter ....RIP. Your life and memories will never be lost
    I think that makes the Expobar machine even more special. Those polarisers can't be bought anymore probably and to have them in a coffee machine is ace :-)

Mike

MWT (Magnetic Water Treatment) is alive and well in the US. If you really wanted some you have a variety of sources for them. All backed up with hundreds of testimonials of course!

Java "Somethings *polarized* alright and I don't think it's the water!" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!