Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By NMO

Thread: Giotto vibration noise fix

NMO

Giotto vibration noise fix

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I have always thought my Giotto evoluzione was a bit noisy. So I opened it up a found that on the left hand side their is a long Narrow flat stainless steel plate holding I think the water tank vent pipe. It was vibrating away and were it fixes on attaches the internal part to the outside frame. I removed it and cable tied the vent hose up in the same position. So much quieter. Hope this helps anyone with the same issue.
    mulquemi and jymy like this.

Noisy machines.

NMO,
    Good to know information such as this simple fix,it's surprising how little noise most espresso coffee will produce when tweaked like NMO identified,good on you.
    Cheap, and right the way up to expensive machines are prone to these problems. Takes forums such as this to highlight and overcome machine design deficiencies.
    Good example is Sunbeam 6900's ,so prone to hectic noise levels however,I've been able to gradually replace , and reduce vibration prone copper piping with flexible tubing,result...unbelievably quieter operation,mind you it's not a viable modification considering the age of those models now,having been replaced by the ,much quieter 7000 series now.
    Keep up the good work NMO and everyone else,
    Cheers,
    Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by mulquemi View Post
    Good example is Sunbeam 6900's ,so prone to hectic noise levels however,I've been able to gradually replace , and reduce vibration prone copper piping with flexible tubing,result...unbelievably quieter operation,
    I had a laugh. One of the things that people used to tout about the Sylvia was that it was higher quality because it used copper pipes instead of flexible plastic tubing
    BTW I never found plastic tubing to be a problem

Quote Originally Posted by mulquemi View Post
    NMO,
    Good example is Sunbeam 6900's ,so prone to hectic noise levels however,I've been able to gradually replace , and reduce vibration prone copper piping with flexible tubing,result...unbelievably quieter operation,mind you it's not a viable modification considering the age of those models now,having been replaced by the ,much quieter 7000 series now.
    Thats funny considering that thats what they've done with the 7000 series (plastic tubing)! I'm assuming thats where you got the idea anyway.

Well done on the post-mods everyone, keep the ideas coming.

Thanks for sharing. I may just attempt this when I descale the machine. Do you happen to have a picture? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by NMO View Post
    I have always thought my Giotto evoluzione was a bit noisy. So I opened it up a found that on the left hand side their is a long Narrow flat stainless steel plate holding I think the water tank vent pipe. It was vibrating away and were it fixes on attaches the internal part to the outside frame. I removed it and cable tied the vent hose up in the same position. So much quieter. Hope this helps anyone with the same issue.

NMO
    Sorry no pictures but once you take the top and left hand side panel off you will see what I referred to.