Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By andrewreid

Thread: NS Musica: plumbing drip tray to waste

NS Musica: plumbing drip tray to waste

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Good morning, all.

Long time listener, first time caller :-)

I've just pulled the trigger on a Nuova Simonelli Musica to replace my Breville Dual Boiler (short story: 3 year old machine, more and more problems in the last 6 months and I don't want to repair it anymore). I've opted for the direct-plumbed version and have also ordered a Brita C-150 to sit inline and protect my new purchase from the tyranny of Adelaide water.

From what I can tell, the tray itself doesn't come ready to do that out of the box and might need a bit of home engineering to create a solution. I've got a spigot on the sink trap to attach to (i.e., like for a dishwasher) and intend to run a hose from the bottom of the drip tray to there.

Has anyone had much success plumbing the drip tray into the waste? How have you gone about it?

Cheers,

andrew

I am considering doing the same thing to the Oscar at the office. Very keen to hear the responses.

Well, this endeavour got out of hand quickly!

Turns out that plumbed Musicas aren't being imported anymore, so I couldn't run with my initial plan.

After a lot of research and visiting a couple of stores looking at various machines, I walked out with a Profitec Pro 700 slightly different than the initial plan!

Absolutely stoked with it, but I won't now be finding out about the Musica and plumbing waste.
    Dimal likes this.