Suggestions for replacement of San Marino Compact
I don't know whether what I am seeking exists or not, but here goes.
I want to replace my San Marino Compact CK which is now 15 years old with something that is, hopefully, better.
Things that I think I want (Not in particular order):
1. Energy efficiency - many machines these days seem to have thermal components exposed to air where heat loss is significant. I am unconcerned about aesthetics and much more concerned with function, so pretty chrome bits on the front just means heat/power wastage to me.
2. Insulated boiler compartment, completely thermally separated from PID controller/other electronics/electrical components as excessive heat and electricals are never good company.
3. Probably a HX machine again, as my reading on this forum seems to suggest I don't require more in a low volume domestic environment. (But I'm open to advice on this).
4. I live in far Nth Queensland so am really dependent on servicing the machine myself and ordering parts online. So servicing needs to be fairly straightforward as does access to parts online etc.
5. Commercial type Groupe - goes without saying really.
6. Option for plumbing in, but internal tank at this stage (I never plumbed in the San Marino, just installed water filters for it).
7. Rotary Pump?
8. Easy cleaning, draining trays etc.
9. Quality internal plumbing and boiler construction. (I have a sneaking suspicion that machine construction quality and weight have a positive correlation! :)
I have a MahlKonig Vario V2 Grinder and would continue to use that.
I assume I am looking somewhere between $2000-$4000, although I would need some convincing at the high end.
Any advice greatly appreciated so I can arrange demo on my next trip to the frozen south. :)