Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By JetBlack_Espresso
  • 1 Post By Barry O'Speedwagon

Thread: What has happened to the Lelit Mara in Australia

What has happened to the Lelit Mara in Australia

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Any idea's on why its so hard to purchase the Mara in Australia? I saw that Talk Coffee used to sell them but they are no longer for sale there. I see that JetBlack still are selling them however there is a pre-loved model up for sale on their site as well.

According to the lelit AUS distribution website (Lelit Espresso Machines Australia) out of all the distributors country wide we only have 1 or two authorised dealers who are actually selling them.

Any thoughts on this? Are they not performing as expected?

Have you tried Jetblackespresso in Frenchs Forest,NSW?

Not looking to buy one (as I have one already) just wondering why nobody is stocking them from the official stockist list (bar JetBlack and a few non CS sponsers)

Quote Originally Posted by nickm View Post
    Not looking to buy one (as I have one already) just wondering why nobody is stocking them from the official stockist list (bar JetBlack and a few non CS sponsers)
    MyBad
    See what happens when one does not start the day with coffee!

Misread what you wrote. Sorry.

TC
    Charlie appoints interstate dealers as he sees fit. We are his Melbourne Lelit dealer and can supply it to Victorian clients.

Site Sponsor
    Not all Lelit agents carry stock of all models or necessarily advertise every model. But any agent on the list can supply any model including the Mara (which is currently in stock).

charlie
    TC likes this.

I saw one in person at simply beans in Underwood qld. And that was last week....

Thanks all for your replies. I'm just a little concerned that the availability Aus wide is low. I'm a big fan of this particular machine so I can't work out why it hasn't set the world on fire

Senior Member Barry O'Speedwagon's Avatar
    Thanks all for your replies. I'm just a little concerned that the availability Aus wide is low. I'm a big fan of this particular machine so I can't work out why it hasn't set the world on fire
    May be partly to do with consumer perception. Once you are in that price range, consumers may prefer a 'brand' known for shiny stainless steel, rather than one that dabbles very seriously at the intermediate level.
    WantRancilio10 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry O'Speedwagon View Post
    May be partly to do with consumer perception. Once you are in that price range...
    While I agree with the perception problem, it's actually not that premium on the price front and I really do admire how compact it is

TC
    Hi Nick,

I think the rationale behind your concern may be flawed.

If you looked at the dealer network for the Izzo Alex Duetto, you would likely come to the same conclusion. In reality, well over 400 Australians own one.

As the importer, I choose quality, not quantity when it comes to appointing dealers.

Cheers

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
    I think the rationale behind your concern may be flawed.

Good point. You don't have to be common to have a strong following.

Thanks for the info. I'm a big fan and recommend the machine highly