Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By colombiasmoothbean

Thread: rocket giotto v3 - any way to plumb in?

rocket giotto v3 - any way to plumb in?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I originally bought the Giotto thinking I wouldn't be able to plumb it in anyway but situations have changed and now I reckon I can get it plumbed in so I regret purchasing the Giotto and should've opted for the rotary pump evoluzione instead, but now I'm in this position, what's the best way to achieve what I want?

Is there a kit out there that can convert the giotto to an evoluzione (rotary pump and valves?)?

TC
    Quote Originally Posted by scientist View Post
    I originally bought the Giotto thinking I wouldn't be able to plumb it in anyway but situations have changed and now I reckon I can get it plumbed in so I regret purchasing the Giotto and should've opted for the rotary pump evoluzione instead, but now I'm in this position, what's the best way to achieve what I want?

Is there a kit out there that can convert the giotto to an evoluzione (rotary pump and valves?)?
    Hi Scientist,

I regret, that there is no kit per se and the cost of a conversion would be prohibitive if you want to do it OEM. Parts alone will relieve you of well over $1k before you pay someone for their labour to do it. You'd be better to sell it and go again with the purchase of an Evoluzione if that's what you want..

A competent tech will probably be able to lose your tank and "fashion a conversion" for permanent plumb in, but boy I have seen some absolutely butchered attempts which pretty much render the final product worthless in terms of resale potential. My advice is to tread very warily...

Thank you for your suggestion - I'll look into selling

THe thing's only a year old and probably only done a double shot a day!

I saw someone, might have been on here, rig up a simple system that utilised a float valve like you would find in a toilet cistern.

It did mean drilling a hole through the machine body and into the water tank but overall it would be a fairly cheap process.

Don't sell it. Have a look at a 'FLOJET BOTTLED WATER DISPENSER plus'. I just installed it to plumb an older Gaggia lever machine. For yours I suggest you simply run the 6mm white hose into the tank and fill the tank as required using the switch on the pump. The pump delivers around a litre per minute so it is easy to not overfill. Of course you can go more fancy by having float switches. That is not required because the Flojet has a sensor. If you wanted then you could place a simple 1/4 turn tap (like you have wall mounted for a washing machine) in-line on the work station and open that when required. You then leave the pump on at the switch. The Flojet sensor will activate the pump and you open the tap to refill. Advantage is that you also get non-calcium water and keep the boiler clean. Bottled water is cheap. There is a photo of my set-up attached. Way better value than modifying and plumbing or upgrading.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dimal likes this.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    On the other end of things, are there aftermarket drop in drip trays with bung, drain hoses you can buy? I also recently have aqquired this machine. Thanks