Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dimal

Thread: Getting Coffee Machine to China

Getting Coffee Machine to China

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    So, after much thinking and waiting, I have my eye on a Vibiemme Domobar Junior.

This isn't hard to obtain back home, but I can't find any vendors near my current home in China.

So my questions are:
    • Does anyone know a vendor in/near China?
    • If I did buy one on this side of the world, what specifically would I need to do to modify it to the standard of one purchased in Australia/NZ? (China also runs on 220v).
    • If I purchased one in Australia/NZ, would you trust it to arrive safely as checked-in baggage on an airline?
    • Is there some other option I'm not thinking of?

Thanks.

One thing that might be worth checking is the Pin Polarity of where you're going to be.

Although China use a similar appliance Plug/Socket layout to the Aussie one in a lot of places, it would be prudent to check that the Active and Neutral are in the same relative positions, and that at your destination, the Earth receptacle on the socket is actually Earthed/Grounded...

Maybe I'm being over cautious but pays to be certain I believe...

Mal.
    Vinitasse likes this.

Cool

Hi,
    I had a similar dilemma getting a machine to Jakarta. The machines were available, but very expensive locally.
    I bought an Australian spec VBM Domobar Junior and Macap M2M from a site sponsor. He was able to pack it into a box very efficiently and I took as checked luggage with no problem. I even got the GST back (it's a little tricky to find the customs point at the airport to do this for checked luggage, but it does exist).
    The first time I plugged the machine in, it shorted a house fuse, but this might have been due to a little loose water in the unit, it never happened since. I just used normal plug conversions (Indonesia is 220V EU plug, not grounded). Apparently some houses don't have enough power but mine was fine.
    Of course, the machine weighed about 27kg together with accessories and grinder, so you need to check your allowance, but I had no problem and could recommend doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by joefish View Post
    So, after much thinking and waiting, I have my eye on a Vibiemme Domobar Junior.

This isn't hard to obtain back home, but I can't find any vendors near my current home in China.

So my questions are:
    • Does anyone know a vendor in/near China?
    • If I did buy one on this side of the world, what specifically would I need to do to modify it to the standard of one purchased in Australia/NZ? (China also runs on 220v).
    • If I purchased one in Australia/NZ, would you trust it to arrive safely as checked-in baggage on an airline?
    • Is there some other option I'm not thinking of?

Thanks.