Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By mulquemi
  • 1 Post By Di_Bartoli
  • 1 Post By MrJack

Thread: Bezzera BZ02 Overheats

Bezzera BZ02 Overheats

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    The machine has Ma-Ter XP110 Pstat. Its probably defective. However, as the machine continues to heat until the mechanical pressure valve blows, I cannot stop the overheat/pressure condition by removing the wires from the PStat. This should effectively break (open ) the circuit, but does not. Anyone have an opinion?
    Thanks.

willysjeep,
    If you have removed the wires from your PStat,power to the heating element(s) is cut,if your machine continues to heat (with wires removed).
    I would suggest you have removed the incorrect wires or power to the heating element(s) is being supplied from elsewhere!!!!Potentially a most hazardous situation.
    Urgent electrical checking/repairs are in order!
    Has anyone been fiddling with your machines wiring?
    Cheers,
    Mick.
    Dimal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mulquemi View Post
    willysjeep,
    If you have removed the wires from your PStat,power to the heating element(s) is cut,if your machine continues to heat (with wires removed).
    I would suggest you have removed the incorrect wires or power to the heating element(s) is being supplied from elsewhere!!!!Potentially a most hazardous situation.
    Urgent electrical checking/repairs are in order!
    Has anyone been fiddling with your machines wiring?
    Cheers,
    Mick.

Mick; I hope I reply correctly as I am new to this. (I am Old and not very Internet wise) Thanks for taking time to reply. The machine was purchased new by my son and has never been opened until now. I just installed a new pstat with no change. I carefully (so I thought) labelled all wires but will now go back and take another look. Thanks again for the input.
    My only other question is does the Gicar control box have anything to do with the heating circuit. My readings tell me its just for water control.

willysjeep,
    Thanks for your reply,your machines control box is far more complex then a simple water control,the Gicar (or similar) control everything about the machines operation,heating element activation,rotary/vibration pump activation,boiler water inlet solenoid,brewing output solenoid,boiler water level maintenance,boiler water pressure control (via pstat).....have I missed anything,so rather important.
    Your control box may be faulty ,based on your symptoms.
    Hopefully once your machine is checked regarding correct loom connection /functioning,you may be nearer to a solution.......sounds like a dodgy control box,could be up to $300 cost plus any possible installation costs.
    See how you go,please keep me up to date with your progress as I'm interested.
    I have a Bezzera 2 group volumetric machine,is now in prefect condition ....except for an absent control box,the whole coffee machine cost me $110.00 and I'm still waiting for a used control box to "fall out of the sky"to suit.
    Cheers,
    Mick.
    Quote Originally Posted by willysjeep View Post
    Mick; I hope I reply correctly as I am new to this. (I am Old and not very Internet wise) Thanks for taking time to reply. The machine was purchased new by my son and has never been opened until now. I just installed a new pstat with no change. I carefully (so I thought) labelled all wires but will now go back and take another look. Thanks again for the input.
    My only other question is does the Gicar control box have anything to do with the heating circuit. My readings tell me its just for water control.

update on BZ02

Hi Mick; Thanks for confirming that the Gicar box does so much to control the machine. I suspected that to be the case. My wiring was all correct, solenoids individually tested and of course, a new relay and pstat. All other functions appear to work properly.

While that Gicar box is a 5 minute install, the cost is ridiculous. I read somewhere about circuit board repair in the USA which I will again search out. I am very disillusioned with Bezzera's inability to make service manuals available and if I can ever afford another machine, it won't be Bezzera.

Again,thanks for your help and Ill let you know if I find a repair technician.

You should be able to find schematics on the Bezzera, they also come with the machine in the user manual.

Cheers

Unfortunately, the El.Schematic is not included.
    You might be able to request one from Barazi in Brisbane - The Bezzera Australian Importer...

Mal.

Site Sponsor
    If you look at the El.Schematic of the BZ99 are the same.

Regards

Renzo
    Dimal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimal View Post
    Unfortunately, the El.Schematic is not included.
    You might be able to request one from Barazi in Brisbane - The Bezzera Australian Importer...

Mal.
    +1
    I've found them happy to help with info about my BZ99S, despite not having bought anything from them.

If it's the same as the BZ99s, I can take a look at mine if that's of any use to you?

It is nearly 20 years old though...
    Dimal likes this.