Thread: I need a small(ish) machine/grinder!

Coffee enthusiast

I need a small(ish) machine/grinder!

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    hi all,
    i've spent the last 2 years enjoying a breville dual boiler bes920 and smart grinder, and enjoying every moment of it.
    unfortunately, after moving to my new house i no longer have the precious kitchen real estate to host both items, and will need to invest in something small(er).
    Essentially, I need a coffee machine and griner with the same footprint as the bes920.
    Can someone suggest an appropriate solution, if it even exists? I only drink espressos, one or two a day, so having dual boiler is not a necessity.
    I found the Vibiemme Domobar junior which might fit the size requirements - has anyone used or heard reviews on it?
    similarly, i could (reluctantly) venture down the line of a 2-in-1 (grinder/brewer combo) if there are any good ones out there?

Budget ~$2.5-3k for both!

Thanks in advance!

TC
    Hi allitnils,

I'd suggest Macap M2M and VBM Domobar Junior. Both are on our demo/display bench and you are most welcome to make a time to pop by and see what this machine can do. It's offers awesome bang for buck and the combo will work perfectly with your budget.

Chris

Coffee enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
    Hi allitnils,

I'd suggest Macap M2M and VBM Domobar Junior. Both are on our demo/display bench and you are most welcome to make a time to pop by and see what this machine can do. It's offers awesome bang for buck and the combo will work perfectly with your budget.

Chris
    brilliant, thank you for the quick reply.
    i notice you're located in northcote - i'm in southbank so it'll have to be a weekend trip! will i be able to bring some beans along and try a shot with them? will make the comparison a lot more controlled..
    similarly, i've noticed there's even a smaller option - the piccolo, which might be more suited for my non-milk drinks.. aside from the ability to steam/pull shots at the same time, is there much difference between the two?

Piccolo is single boiler. Steaming not convenient.

Xx