Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Brewster

Thread: ECM maximum filter basket size

ECM maximum filter basket size

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Does anyone know what size vst you can fit in a standard ECM mechanika PF with double spouts? I have a naked PF which I can use a 20g with, but I'd love to fit the 20g vst into my double spout to split shots if company is over.

I think (sorry can't remember exactly) I have got an IMS Competition 21g basket (I do know I dose 23g in this) in my dbl spout on the Technika, should be the same for the Mechanika. It just fits. Have you tried it?

I just got a naked PF that came with a triple baset (unsure of size, but it seems it doesnt quite fit). It snaps into the PF, but it sits up slightly too high and wont lock in to the grouphead. Im hoping to get a 15g VST to run for my single shots for me and have a 20g VST for my double spout when i need to split the shot.

In the absence of ECM owners chiming in, I use a 20g vst basket in my Profitec 500. I think our machines are very similar. Given that you're located in the Newcastle area, happy for you to drop in with your portafilter handle and try it for size. PM me if interested.
    Mal
    snedden9485 likes this.

Legend Mal, when I'm getting ready to purchase I'll drop you a PM mate. Cheers!!

I'd love to know this too!

There's a video on this forum of a guy using a 20g VST in a Mechanika - I'd say we're safe.

kbc
    Hi. I have an ECM. The 20g Pesado fits the standard ECM PFs and the 22g Pesado fits the naked ECM PFs.