Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By ash26

Thread: Bezzera Magica Advice

Bezzera Magica Advice

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    So I've been eyeing up a Lelit Mara, I like the style and compact size. The trick was going to be brining it from NZ to China as checked-in luggage.

Now I have a short trip to Singapore, and have spotted the Bezzera Magica for considerably less (including the cost of an extra checked bag) than what the Magica or the Mara cost in NZ. Yes, I'd be giving up some extra bench space, so not 100% sure if I'll make the move, but seriously considering.

Here are my questions:
    • I know that machines by the same name are not necessarily the same configuration in every country. How do I know if the Bezzera is a good buy or not? The Singaporean one is also 220V (same as NZ/Aus/China), so that part is OK. Here are it's specs: Magica
    • There's a "standard" model, and a PID model available for a little more. What am I gaining from the PID model *really*? I can't find it on the Bezzera website.
    • Is the Bezzera likely to be more serviceable or reliable than the Lelit? Because living in China, I'm probably going to have to learn to do any serving myself.

Thanks!

Joelish;

I do not know much about the lelit, but I know the Bezzera in and out, the Bezzera Magica is a pretty good work horse, and very easy to fix as well. We sell this machine here in Australia and we are very happy with it. That machine will work in China as well we have ship a couple. if you looking for one is Di Bartoli - Search Results for "magica"

If you need any help regarding this let me know

Regards

Renzo

Thanks,

I appreciate your help. What about the PID version? I'm assuming you don't sell the PID version due to low demand. Would you consider it unnecessary?

How would I tell if the version in Singapore is the same as that sold in Australia/NZ?

Some extra info: I've figured out that the Magica available in Singapore is a UK version (i.e UK plug). I could change the plug. My understanding is that in the UK the max amperage is often 13, whereas in NZ we use 10. But since both UK and NZ use 230v/50hz, it should be OK right? Forgive my lack of electrical experience.

Other than this, does anyone know if there are other regional differences I need to be aware of here?

Site Sponsor
    I can not say if is better or not, one thing for sure Australia has a better Standards of quality appliances. However; I am sure that the machines that we have sold to Singapore, Hong Kong and China they did not have any problems, but this machines where build for Australian Standards

Regarding the PID on the Magica, I am not aware that this model come with PID may be other model

Any way you are free to PM or call me if you want to ask me any questions

Renzo

Hi Joefish - likewise i have zero experience with the lelit - but have owned a Bezzera Magica for around 5 years and have only good things to say about it - mine was a grey import that has worked flawlessly since day one. My machine does not have a PID (my understanding was that a PID on a HX machine was of minimal value - apart from the bling factor - but there are plenty on the forums with more expertise in this area than me). FWIW the Lelit may also be a great machine but i don't think you could go wrong with the Magica.
    Dimal and Yelta like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ash26 View Post
    Hi Joefish - likewise i have zero experience with the lelit - but have owned a Bezzera Magica for around 5 years and have only good things to say about it - mine was a grey import that has worked flawlessly since day one. My machine does not have a PID (my understanding was that a PID on a HX machine was of minimal value - apart from the bling factor - but there are plenty on the forums with more expertise in this area than me). FWIW the Lelit may also be a great machine but i don't think you could go wrong with the Magica.
    Evening Ash,

The Magica is a similar to the Bezzera Domus Galatea, I've owned one of these for about 7 years, like you I only have good things to say about Bezzera machines.

No experience with the Lelit Mara, however I do like the look of the machines.

Hi there,

I have no experience with the Lelit mara, but I too will vouch for the quality of Bezzera machines. I owned a Domus Galatea (as Yelta said, it is pretty much the same machine as the Magica). A beautiful machine. You shouldn't have problems if you take good care of it, very reliable.