Thread: Is my pump dying - Rocket premium plus V1?

Is my pump dying - Rocket premium plus V1?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I noticed today when pulling a shot or back flushing that the pump would go silent after the first few seconds. Previously there would be a pitch change but the pump would continue to operate.
    Water still discharges out of the piston when the pump is switched off. Also the shot still seemed to pull correctly while the pump was silent.
    Any ideas?
    thanks

Best take into a reliable service technician if you can. Does not sound good but it may be a simple fix. Not worth stressing over what might be wrong.

TC
    Pump stall.... It could be a pump on the way out. Could also be an OPV not doing much.

Quote Originally Posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
    Pump stall.... It could be a pump on the way out. Could also be an OPV not doing much.
    Yep, its stalling. Fault now appears to be intermittent as I discovered with this mornings coffee, as it was back to normal!!

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo1111 View Post
    Yep, its stalling. Fault now appears to be intermittent as I discovered with this mornings coffee, as it was back to normal!!
    I have read before about this happening when the water in the water reservoir gets warmed from sitting for a while. Next time it happens try emptying the water and refill with fresh cool water and see what happens.

TC
    Hi Davie/Robbo...

Yes- ambient heat will influence things, so I'm not surprised all was ok this morning.

Time to replace the pump....

thanks all