Thread: Lelit PL60 Coffee Handle - How tight should it be

Lelit PL60 Coffee Handle - How tight should it be

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all,

So I've just bought my lelit machine and I am finding when I'm ready to brew, and couple the handle with the coffee head it take a significant amount of effort to lock it in.

To the point where I have to hold one side of the coffee machine in order to pull the handle to centre.

This happens with or without coffee in the basket so it's not because of the basket. Without the basket it's a smooth turn as I'd assume it should be.

Help anyone ?

No need to 'gorilla' the Group Handle into position and there's also no need to for the Handle to be at the six o'clock position either, especially with a new-ish machine.

The Group Handle only needs to be rotated firmly into the Group Head, nothing more is required. doesn't matter if the handle is pointing a bit to the left. Over time it will eventually move further over to the right as the Group Gasket compresses with use. Don't force the issue as you will only cause excessive wear and tear...

Mal.

I wasnt sure if it would be locked in enough if it wasnt at 6pm.
    Appreciate your help

Site Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimal View Post
    No need to 'gorilla' the Group Handle into position and there's also no need to for the Handle to be at the six o'clock position either, especially with a new-ish machine.

The Group Handle only needs to be rotated firmly into the Group Head, nothing more is required. doesn't matter if the handle is pointing a bit to the left. Over time it will eventually move further over to the right as the Group Gasket compresses with use. Don't force the issue as you will only cause excessive wear and tear...

Mal.
    +1

charlie

Quote Originally Posted by BlakeM84 View Post
    I wasnt sure if it would be locked in enough if it wasnt at 6pm.
    Appreciate your help
    It does need to turn a certain distance to lock the lugs into the collar, but on most machines that's not very far. As Mal has said you basically just turn till it stops then maybe tighten a little and you should be fine. If it's within about 30 of the 6 o'clock position you'll be good to go.