Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By TC
  • 1 Post By starzz108
  • 1 Post By Dimal

Thread: Rocket Evoluzione V2 steam pressure gauge problem

Unhappy Rocket Evoluzione V2 steam pressure gauge problem

Hi, just lately the time for the steam pressure to reach 1 bar has increased dramatically. Today for instance it took two and a half hours. I rang the vendor and was told the machine probably needs cleaning and descaling and that has to be done by the supplier. My problem is the machine is plumbed in, it's incredibly heavy, and it would take a six hour round trip to get it to the supplier. Is there anything I can do at home? If not, can I leave it on overnight in the interim until I can figure out how to get it to the supplier? Any help appreciated.

TC
    Hmm....Not normal and needs checking. If you are getting normal steam, it's a blockage at the gauge. If not, there's a fault which needs to be investigate. It may be scale related, but I'd doubt it.

So I really have to take it back to the supplier. It works perfectly when it finally reaches full pressure. I suppose I can leave it on overnight for a while so I can have a cup of coffee in the morning?

Quote Originally Posted by starzz108 View Post
    So I really have to take it back to the supplier. It works perfectly when it finally reaches full pressure. I suppose I can leave it on overnight for a while so I can have a cup of coffee in the morning?
    Having what appears to be an unknown electrical issue I wouldn't be leaving it on unattended at all. In fact I wouldn't be plugging it in and powering it up at all except as needed for troubleshooting.

Java "Safety first!" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

TC
    Alternately, a plug of scale blocking the capillary tube to the boiler pressure gauge.

The machine is then ready as usual, but the gauge will be slow to respond- both up and down. This happening?

Yes, it seems to be ready to use way before the gauge indicates it is. Slow to indicate both up and down.

TC
    In which case, I'm going gauge. There is actually nothing wrong other than a plug of scale.

You may need to assess your water quality....
    Dimal, Javaphile, MrJack and 1 others like this.

It sounds like gauge. If the steam is as usual and the gauge slow up and down it is better than mine was that got to .5 bar and never moved again. That was on the old semi circular rocket gauge. I have replaced 3 of them over 8 years. I am trusting the circular gauge is less troublesome. I now keep a spare one on hand. What happens to the semi circular ones is that a bit of scale builds up at the gauge end of the pipe. If the copper tube was fixed with a screw fitting at the gauge it might have been fixable but it is soldered. I am not sure about the round gauges.

Quote Originally Posted by dumiya View Post
    It sounds like gauge. If the steam is as usual and the gauge slow up and down it is better than mine was that got to .5 bar and never moved again. That was on the old semi circular rocket gauge. I have replaced 3 of them over 8 years. I am trusting the circular gauge is less troublesome. I now keep a spare one on hand. What happens to the semi circular ones is that a bit of scale builds up at the gauge end of the pipe. If the copper tube was fixed with a screw fitting at the gauge it might have been fixable but it is soldered. I am not sure about the round gauges.
    Taking it down to be repaired this morning, after a bracing mug of plunger coffee :-(
    Hope I don't have to replace the gauge too often, six hour return trip to repairers, plus risk of slipping a disc carrying the machine to and from the car. A week without a decent morning coffee.....

TC
    G'day starzz,

If it's only a gauge replacement, it's a 10 min fix- so hopefully they may be able to do it while you are there. If the issue is due to more widespread scale, yes- it will take some time and you could consider it as a wakeup call to ensure your valued machine gets good water.

Good luck...

Quote Originally Posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
    G'day starzz,

If it's only a gauge replacement, it's a 10 min fix- so hopefully they may be able to do it while you are there. If the issue is due to more widespread scale, yes- it will take some time and you could consider it as a wakeup call to ensure your valued machine gets good water.

Good luck...
    I've been told it's at least a five day turnaround on repairs. The water runs through a filter and I live in an area with very good water quality (Blue Mountains). Still I probably should change the filter more often.

TC
    I've been told it's at least a five day turnaround on repairs. The water runs through a filter and I live in an area with very good water quality (Blue Mountains). Still I probably should change the filter more often.
    Probably! Filtration | Talk Coffee may be of assistance

Quote Originally Posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
    Probably! Filtration | Talk Coffee may be of assistance
    I use a Brita professional filter. Just replaced it today. Now a 9 day wait for the machine.

I use a Brita professional filter. Just replaced it today. Now a 9 day wait for the machine.
    Which Model?

Mal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimal View Post
    Which Model?

Mal.
    Brita Purity c150 Quell
    Dimal likes this.

Good stuff...

We use a C150 Finest and very happy with it...

Mal.
    starzz108 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TC View Post
    G'day starzz,

Good luck...
    Hi,
    My machine is doing exactly that...Faulty boiler gauge. Functions as normal but pressure gauge sits at 0.5 when heated and ready to go and 0.2 when cold... Can you please explain howto solved esp a 10min fix?

Ethowie, I can see you have been a member here for a while so apologies if you already know this but TC hasn't been active here for about a year and a half.

Hi 338,
    I've actually never posted until recently when I had the issue mentioned above. Still trying to sort it out.

Hope someone else knows the solution. Good luck hope you get it sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by ethowie View Post
    Hi,
    My machine is doing exactly that...Faulty boiler gauge. Functions as normal but pressure gauge sits at 0.5 when heated and ready to go and 0.2 when cold... Can you please explain howto solved esp a 10min fix?
    *with machine off and not under pressure *
    Remove faulty pressure gauge and replace with new one. Part should be easy to find. I am sure some pf our fine site sponsors would have it. They may also be able to give you a bit more advice on replacing, if you are unsure.

Or soak the gauge and pipe in descaling solution/citric acid