Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By TC

Thread: Giotto lever popping open

Giotto lever popping open

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi. The lever on my Giotto r58 is popping open. Especially after a pour. It will stay down after a few goes. Not opening far enough to start the pump but sits in 'neutral'. Is it ok to leave the machine like this? How can I fix it?? Any suggestions?

Similar problem to me. Backflushing without and with Cafetto helps but may not be a cure. A video of how to diassemble and inspect for possible culprits:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3IsBrnDeJA

Thanks. Did you sort it out?? Back flushing with cafetto didn't seem to make a difference.

I have ordered new seals from coffeeparts, when they arrive I will be doing the video thing, sometime this week... hopefully.

I had this issue with my r58 a few years back. It was returned to the importer and they changed a part inside the head. Maybe the cam? Under warranty.

TC
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteSzad View Post
    This is why I crossed the R58 off my next machine list. A seller told me the R58 has a different head to the Rocket Giotto.
    Geez I read some really weird and factually suss information here sometimes.

For any potential purchaser considering an R58 or any other e-61 machine for that matter, please ignore this thread. The issue described can happen in any e-61 machine and is easily attended to.

Crackers, if you refer the issue to your place of purchase, they should be able to rectify it in 5 minutes.
    Dimal, Lukemc and magnafunk like this.

Thank you, Chris, for timely clarity. The R58 is the most fantastic machine. A joy and pleasure to work with. Oh, and it also makes awesome coffee.