• 1 Post By ScottyF
  • 1 Post By JetBlack_Espresso
  • 1 Post By GuyHaris
  • 2 Post By Stan

Thread: Profitec Pro 300 and Mahlkonig Vario upgrade

Profitec Pro 300 and Mahlkonig Vario upgrade

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi Guys,

Long time member but haven't posted really anything before, the forums have been invaluable for help over the years.

Finally treated myself to an upgrade to a Profitec Pro 300 and Mahlkonig Vario. Originally had my heart set on a Profitec Pro 700 and Profitec Pro T64 grinder but due to funds and ultimately bench space being the deciding factor I went with this option. Also fitted a 18g VST basket and new pullman tamper base to match. I choose the Vario over say the Compak as I like the fact I can change settings and go back easily to it for Aeropress, pour over, espresso. All in all its been a great upgrade from the Silvia and wish I had done it sooner!

Would like to thank Charlie and Brad at Jetblack Espresso for their assistance during the purchase. I originally purchased my previous setup from them and went back due to the great service over the years.

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images

Congrats years of great espresso to come

Airsk, a very nice set-up. You won't regret going with Profitec. I'm about 6 weeks into my ownership of the Pro 700, and I just love it. Post on how you go with the new machine.
    kbc likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    Congrats years of great espresso to come
    Thanks Stan. I hope so! So far so good, just a learning curve with a new machine.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottyF View Post
    Airsk, a very nice set-up. You won't regret going with Profitec. I'm about 6 weeks into my ownership of the Pro 700, and I just love it. Post on how you go with the new machine.
    Lucky you Scotty! Thats what I was originally saving for. Loved that it could be plumbed and had a rotary pump, just didn't have the space. Good build quality and easily repairable should something go wrong.

Site Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Airsk View Post
    Hi Guys,

Long time member but haven't posted really anything before, the forums have been invaluable for help over the years.

Finally treated myself to an upgrade to a Profitec Pro 300 and Mahlkonig Vario. Originally had my heart set on a Profitec Pro 700 and Profitec Pro T64 grinder but due to funds and ultimately bench space being the deciding factor I went with this option. Also fitted a 18g VST basket and new pullman tamper base to match. I choose the Vario over say the Compak as I like the fact I can change settings and go back easily to it for Aeropress, pour over, espresso. All in all its been a great upgrade from the Silvia and wish I had done it sooner!

Would like to thank Charlie and Brad at Jetblack Espresso for their assistance during the purchase. I originally purchased my previous setup from them and went back due to the great service over the years.

Cheers
    Congrats Airsk! Looks great,

charlie
    Airsk likes this.

Very nice setup mate..
    Airsk likes this.

The search for perfection is the driving force of a CoffeeSnob. The more you practise and the closer you get to the perfect shot the more you realise the many mistakes you are making and the search continues adinfinitum
    Airsk and ScottyF like this.