Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By alexm1

Thread: Vbm junior owners Sunshine Coast help please

Vbm junior owners Sunshine Coast help please

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Any vibiemme domobar junior owners living on the Sunshine Coast? I have a new one and I just can't get a decent shot or get the milk right! I have been making great coffee on a gaggia classic but just can't seem to get it right with the junior. I have researched heaps but I would really appreciate a buddy to help me out hands on.
    Many thanks.
    Cheers

Hi - not from GC, but just did the same, went from Classic to VBM Jnr. Shots aren't bad, pucks are more moist (if that makes sense). Milk is difficult, even only 1/4 on, I don't seem to have enough time to stretch the milk (for 2 lattes), 'cos there's so much steam.

good luck!!

J

I used this site to help with my technique, may help you.
    http://www.espressocompany.com.au/how-to-domobar.htm
    Dimal and ScottyF like this.

alexm1, thanks for posting the link. The videos are useful no matter what machine you are running.

I've already decided to make some changes to my backwash routine after watching the Scottie Callaghan's video on cleaning and maintaining the Giotto. I think I've been using too much backwash powder for years and not doing the between-cycle pause/soak he recommends.

Thanks for your help guys. I have seen Scotties videos and done lots of googling but just can't seem to 'get it' !! Still hoping to find a cs on Sunshine Coast so I can compare notes.
    Cheers

You don't mention the grinder or beans you are using....

Mal.

I'm using a new Macap m2m grinder. Montville coffee (Woodford blend) and Elixer coffee. I have used Montville many times on the Gaggia. Milk is usually Malany full cream but I have also tried Pauls.

Sounds like you just need a bit of 'one-on-one' tuition as you pointed out...
    Any cafes around close by who have respected baristas on duty?
    You may be able to set up something with one of them 'after work' to assist you...

Mal.