Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By sprezzatura
  • 1 Post By scrawny
  • 1 Post By sprezzatura
  • 1 Post By scrawny
  • 2 Post By scrawny
  • 1 Post By sprezzatura

Thread: Problem with Expobar Office Control

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    22

    Problem with Expobar Office Control

    Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    So I've decided to upgrade from ye ol faithful Sunbeam EM6910 to an Expobar Office Control (I like to push buttons) and I received it yesterday. After following the instructions for a first start I flushed water through the hot water wand and the steam wand which works fine. However, when I tried flushing water through the group head nothing came out. The pump turns on and water comes back into the reservoir from the OPV but not at the other end. Any tips on what to check or how to find what the problem might be? Alternatively, can someone recommend a coffee machine service technician in the southwest WA area that can repair this brand?

  2. #2
    Senior Member sprezzatura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hervey Bay, QLD
    Posts
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by scrawny View Post
    So I've decided to upgrade from ye ol faithful Sunbeam EM6910 to an Expobar Office Control (I like to push buttons) and I received it yesterday. After following the instructions for a first start I flushed water through the hot water wand and the steam wand which works fine. However, when I tried flushing water through the group head nothing came out. The pump turns on and water comes back into the reservoir from the OPV but not at the other end. Any tips on what to check or how to find what the problem might be? Alternatively, can someone recommend a coffee machine service technician in the southwest WA area that can repair this brand?
    Is the Office new?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by sprezzatura View Post
    Is the Office new?
    Yes... according to the seller anyway.

  4. #4
    Senior Member sprezzatura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hervey Bay, QLD
    Posts
    930
    Try turning the slot screw on the top of the OPV a half-turn clockwise.

  5. #5
    Senior Member sprezzatura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hervey Bay, QLD
    Posts
    930
    When you push one of the buttons do you hear a 'click' immediately?

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by sprezzatura View Post
    When you push one of the buttons do you hear a 'click' immediately?
    Yes, there's definitely a click... And tried adjusting the OPV.

  7. #7
    Senior Member sprezzatura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hervey Bay, QLD
    Posts
    930
    Sounds like an obstruction. Sometimes chemical or scale plugs the solenoid valve under the group. If you're handy you can remove it. The centre hole in the base of the solenoid valve will usually be the culprit.
    scrawny likes this.

  8. #8
    Senior Member sprezzatura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hervey Bay, QLD
    Posts
    930
    The machine needs to be off, unplugged and desteamed.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by sprezzatura View Post
    Sounds like an obstruction. Sometimes chemical or scale plugs the solenoid valve
    Will take a look in a couple of hours when the house wakes up then. Thankyou.
    sprezzatura likes this.

  10. #10
    Senior Member sprezzatura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hervey Bay, QLD
    Posts
    930
    I'll find an image for you.

  11. #11
    Senior Member sprezzatura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hervey Bay, QLD
    Posts
    930
    Internet image. Group solenoid valve and coil in centre.
    scrawny likes this.

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    22
    Ok... so I took the solenoid off and it looks brand new. Couldn't find any obstructions except for what appears to be some chunks of thread tape. Anyway, after reassembling the solenoid valve, I just ran some cold water through the pump and it worked. Just heating up the machine now for another trial. Fingers crossed.
    sprezzatura likes this.

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    22
    I think that's done it! Thanks sprez for the tip. I'm so happy right now. But wow this machine is powerful. I think this triple hole steam tip needs to be changed for a single. It's heating up my milk too fast.

    I'll be jacked up on coffee over the next few days trying to get it right and get used to this beast.
    Dimal and sprezzatura like this.

  14. #14
    Senior Member sprezzatura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hervey Bay, QLD
    Posts
    930
    Nice work, Mr. Tech! Enjoy ☕️
    scrawny likes this.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •