Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Casa Espresso

Thread: La Pavoni Cellini - Boiler pressure question

La Pavoni Cellini - Boiler pressure question

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all,

I have La Pavoni Cellini and have had it for about 7 - 8 months now and love the machine. But of late (in the past week), I have noticed some funny issues with the boiler pressure. When I switch on the machine to warm up and leave it for about 30 mins, the head-unit is fully warmed up but the boiler pressure is still at 0 even though it makes some noise. And only when I release some hot water through the head unit, it then picks up the pressure and gets up to 1. Most times, it would be good like that and stay but in the past couple of days, I have noticed that it gradually goes down again.

So I have tried few things after doing some research here - taking out the hot water from the hot water outlet in hope to refill the boiler, done a full cleaning of the machine with descaling powder as instructed. And the machine has been very well looked after and to exact cleaning methods Paul from dodgy x has taught me when I got it (ie weekly back-flush clean with water only).

Can someone Paul or Anthony from Casa Espresso or anyone else help me with this please?

Will look forward to hearing from you all soon!

Cheers

Could be a vapour lock or more likely a small obstruction in the small tube the feeds the gauge. I would contact the seller and talk with them it may be a warranty issue. If scale is blocking it this would not normally be under warranty. Do you use filtered water?

Hi, thanks for your feedback.
    Yes, I use filtered water and carry out cleaning process very carefully as advised. So not too sure what is causing this issue.... especially it is only about 7 to 8months old....

I had a similar problem with another machine and it turned out to be a blockage of the tube to the gauge - a descale will not remove such a blockage. I now own the Cellini since January but have not had this problem. Hope all goes well - talk to Paul.

Hi Sho.

Yes sounds like a blockage of some sort, perhaps as has been suggested, a vapour lock or maybe the ant vac valve.

A little bit of false pressure will prevent the element from kicking in.

Feel free to call me or come to our showroom (if you are in Melbourne) and we will sort it out for you

Cheers
    Antony
    (03) 9530 8992
    www.casaespresso.com.au
    scho047 likes this.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for your message. Yes I am in Melbourne and actually not too far from your showroom. Whats the best way to go about it? Is it best I pop by sometime this week or do I need to bring in the machine? Will really appreciate your assistance!

And what days and time are your showroom opened? I have called in previously and was closed and was not too sure I need to arrange via appointments with you or can I drop in anytime (so that I can schedule my week).

Many thanks
    Last edited by scho047; 13th November 2017 at 09:51 PM.

Hi Anthony, hope you are well!

I have the same issues again..... the boiler pressure is not going up as well as it should and has similar symptoms as I had listed previously..... what was the issue from last time do you remember? Would I need to bring it into your store?

Would be good to hear from you soon.

Many thanks