Thread: Help needed for upgrading newbie

Talking Help needed for upgrading newbie

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi everyone, I stumbled with this wonderful place just by chance. It helped me quite a bit on several issues I had with different machines in the past.
    I have a peculiar problem, I describe myself as a coffee lover, I had several prosumer machines and had bad experiences with all of them, lets just say I was not satisfied with the brewing quality of the previous machines. I had delonghi, oster, punktal etc etc etc. Just to point out, I love a creamy shots full of taste and aroma and also love to continuously try different coffees.

Now Im in the market to buy a commercial machine. My plan is to buy a good machine that will be excellently maintained by myself and the distributor and hopefully will be the last machine I would buy.

Ive been visiting several shops and distributors and Im particularly interested in Casadio Dafne S1 and Casadio Dieci A1.
    Dafne is around U$S 500 cheaper, just to point out.
    Im an engineer and suffer from severe OCD , I clean thoroughly my machines, maintain them in impeccable condition and brewing coffee and beer are my hobbies.
    I would really appreciate your opinions, help, reviews and any advice of course!

Thanks a lot!
    Luis

P.D. :I would like to have the manual of the Casadio Dieci A1 to study it before I buy it (if someone can share it I would really appreciate it, I have Dafnes if anyone needs it, just PM me).

Welcome Luis...

Where are you located mate?

Mal.

Hello,
    take a second hand La Pavoni Leva machine.

Hi everyone, thank you for the welcome greeting Dimal !!!, I'm located in Montevideo, Uruguay. The availability of second hand machines is very limited but those models I can get (in case of the Dieci I would get a new one).
    I'm concerned about the distance from the bottom of the group to the plate so a glass would fit, not just small cups. My wife loves lattes and this would be a concern for her. In my case I just like the shots.
    Do you know if I could have enough room to put the glass of milk and pour the shot there?

Thanks a lot everyone!
    Best regards,
    Luis

G'day Luis...

Both the machines you refer to, look to be good quality and very reminiscent of Bezzera designs (which I like very much).
    I guess the issue of choice comes down to what you expect from your espresso machine; ease of operation coupled with more complexity (and maybe higher maintenance costs down the road) or manual operation coupled with simpler design and simpler maintenance going forward.

Both machines would be capable of producing excellent coffee provided you do your part, use freshly roasted high quality coffee and only grind the coffee immediately before use (with a decent grinder of course).

I also have an engineering background and even though most of my working life was spent in the design, commissioning and maintenance of automatic processes, I still prefer good design over complexity. If at some later stage I feel the need to incorporate some level of automation, then I would design, manufacture and install it myself. That's just me though...

Anyway, hope I've been of some help.

All the best,
    Mal.