Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Barry O'Speedwagon

Thread: New Machine Warranty and Support

New Machine Warranty and Support

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi Guys,

I知 new to CS so I do hope I知 posting in the right spot! Looking to upgrade from the old Breville barista express to a new prosumer machine and so been doing some shopping around. Currently got my eyes set on a Expobar Minore. After talking to one of the distributors today I noted that they only seem to provide a 1year labour and parts warranty for all the machines they sell. Is this a normal industry practice? I would have thought if I知 paying a few thousand dollars I would expect to get more than a year warranty on the new toy! Is it possible to obtain warranty from the manufacturers direct considering most machines are sold through distributors?

Living in WA and interested to hear opinions and recommendations. Cheers

Hi rubixcube and welcome,

I'm not aware of to many machines offering more than 12 months manufacturers warranty on their new machines. But then again I don't know a lot about the sales of such machines...You'd be better off talking to one of the site sponsors about this type of thing as they are involved in selling such machines daily.

Cheers.

Senior Member Barry O'Speedwagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rubixcube101 View Post
    Hi Guys,

I’m new to CS so I do hope I’m posting in the right spot! Looking to upgrade from the old Breville barista express to a new prosumer machine and so been doing some shopping around. Currently got my eyes set on a Expobar Minore. After talking to one of the distributors today I noted that they only seem to provide a 1year labour and parts warranty for all the machines they sell. Is this a normal industry practice? I would have thought if I’m paying a few thousand dollars I would expect to get more than a year warranty on the new toy! Is it possible to obtain warranty from the manufacturers direct considering most machines are sold through distributors?

Living in WA and interested to hear opinions and recommendations. Cheers

There are two issues here. The express warranty from the manufacture, which may well be only 12 months, ....and the Consumer Guarantee under the Australian Consumer Law, which will provide you with longer cover for genuine faults in the product. If, say, a major component fails after 13 months (and there is no negligence on your part), you should have a right to have that repaired without cost. It comes down to what a consumer could reasonably expect in terms of the longevity of a product according to its type and cost.

https://www.accc.gov.au/publications...-for-consumers
    Brewster, Dimal and chippy like this.

Thank you for the responses. It seems as though 12months is a general rule of thumb with the exception of what is mandated by Australian Consumer Law. Maybe this is due to the fact that the machines are generally sold for the commercial environment?

Lets hope the machine is reliable and there is no need for warranty!