Thread: Rancilio L4 series - basic help

Rancilio L4 series - basic help

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I've recently got my hands on a Rancilio L4 and it's quite a big step up from previous machines - Eg: Gaggia Classic.

I'm really paranoid about killing it through running out of water in the broiler. There is a spring loaded blue switch which seems to fill the broiler which I used on first use. Sounds silly but can I assume the machine will handle filling the broiler with use or do I need to keep filling using that switch?

Does anyone happen to have a user guide for this machine? I've looked everywhere and cannot find much information.

Mr Vautin....Paul?
    Dont know the machine myself ...are you referring to it being a single boiler?
    Try searching for Rancilio in the US forums. They are big there.
    It may even have a different model name / designation.

Also I believe Fiorenzato , ReBadged and marketed Rancilio's in some markets / some models.

Quote Originally Posted by mrvautin View Post
    I've recently got my hands on a ....... Gaggia Classic.
    Whhoooeee Veea...not another Gaggia Classic !

Yeah an old nickname.

Yes I believe it's a single broiler but I'm uncertain.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It seems to be a bit beefier Silvia. The components are roughly the same with a few extra features.

You will need to be mindful of keeping the boiler full (will need to fill manually). The glass tube on the left is a boiler level gauge. You are handy, you can modify it to auto-fill.

It's a much bigger machine than the Silvia. It's bloody big and built to last forever.

You are right, the water level is coming from the boiler. Still not sure if it will autofill but now I know the water level of the boiler I can keep an eye on it.

It's a nice machine so far. Pulls a nice shot. Will be even nicer when the new baskets arrive.