Thread: Isomac Tea 2014 help review and experience

Isomac Tea 2014 help review and experience

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi Coffee Lovers,

My Quickmill Andreja has unfortunately passed away. I'm looking for my second marriage. Currently a 2014 Isomac Tea has come to my attention. It is a used unit, seems to be in good visible condition. I am going to take a look in person over the weekend. Would like to know what peoples experiences are with Isomac machines and anything in particular i should look out for. Also if there are better options within the same price bracket?

Thanks in advanced.

I had a Tea II from new, I had great service out of this machine for the seven years prior to upgrading to a twin boiler PID machine, I had no major problems, the all stainless body had no signs of rust, they are a great machine at the price level. The machine ran hot initially but I had restrictors installed which solved the problem, I think all later models have these fitted!

Thanks greenman much appreciate you sharing your knowledge. If u dont mind me asking do you think the production yr 2014 will have the restrictor installed? Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot_Shot View Post
    Thanks greenman much appreciate you sharing your knowledge. If u dont mind me asking do you think the production yr 2014 will have the restrictor installed? Thanks again.
    It should have the restrictor installed, there was a lot of discussion about it at the time.
    Link to older discussion:-
    https://coffeesnobs.com.au/brewing-e...-question.html

Thank you so much.

Isomac machine's are to coffemaking as Toyota is to the car world.
    ..they just get the job done reliably.
    I have had a Millenium for 10+ years (and it was well used/abused prior to that !) used daily, with minimal issues.
    The pressurestat has got stuck a couple of times ($40 and 10 mins to change ) and recently a $50 kit of bits to service the E61 group as it was getting stiff. Like new again now !
    I frequently go brousing for a replacement with more impressive credentials, but just cannot justify putting this old girl out to pasture...its like a part of the houshold !
    The "Tea" is a near identical model internally, so unless they have cheaped out on components i would have no fear of buying that machine...just dont pay too much as they are not expensive new. ($1600 ?)