Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gmeddy

Thread: Need advice for mobile coffee van gear

Need advice for mobile coffee van gear

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi guys.
    Just quick, I'm looking at what gear will cost approximately for a good 2 group machine paired with a suitable grinder.
    I'm after recommendations of retro classy looking machines which are pro grade very reliable - used is ok so long as it's had light use and been serviced.
    Price range up to $5k for the pair. But recommendations of up to 6k with good reason are welcome ;-)
    Thanks

I'm looking at buying a nice little van already set up with a Rocket 2 group, with Anfim Scody 2 - They've had weekend use for around 10 months, their new price is around 8,300 or more - what would you say they should cost now they're used?

Thanks again.

I ended up going with a Simonelli Appia II Compact paired with a Mazzer Super Jolly Electronic.
    I was just thinking, none of the site sponsor sales people made an attempt to give me any advice on this one... missed a good sale.

Iím enjoying practicing with my gear, getting used to the feel of commercial equipment.
    Looking forward to starting my business soon.
    sharkroman likes this.

Did you use the quote form to contact the sponsors or just your original post?
    3D9140D1-544A-4E37-8187-D415E989C727.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by gmeddy View Post
    I ended up going with a Simonelli Appia II Compact paired with a Mazzer Super Jolly Electronic.
    I was just thinking, none of the site sponsor sales people made an attempt to give me any advice on this one... missed a good sale.

Iím enjoying practicing with my gear, getting used to the feel of commercial equipment.
    Looking forward to starting my business soon.
    How are you finding the Appia 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Mb21 View Post
    Did you use the quote form to contact the sponsors or just your original post?
    3D9140D1-544A-4E37-8187-D415E989C727.jpeg
    No I was just asking for recommendations like I said, not a quote as I didnít know what I even wanted at the time.
    And Iíd never even noticed that Quote Form link down there either.
    Will keep it in mind for further business purchases though, thanks.

Need advice for mobile coffee van gear

Quote Originally Posted by Lukemc View Post
    How are you finding the Appia 2?
    I have given it a test run a few times, but just with family and a few friends, 8 cups in one go was my biggest ďrushĒ test... not enough. I guess lll need to wait til I start business to give it a real good test run.

Iíve enjoyed using it so far though, and very impressed with the volumetric feature! Love how it very consistently gets almost exactly the same amount of extraction from regardless of if I ground it too fine or course, much better than the programmed timed shots Iíve used before.