Like Tree15Likes
  • 1 Post By Walshy25
  • 2 Post By arcachon
  • 3 Post By mipl
  • 2 Post By CafeLotta
  • 2 Post By Dodgy-Account-Grillsy
  • 1 Post By sharkroman
  • 4 Post By Walshy25

Thread: Purchasing advice: Profitec Pro 500 vs Rocket vs ECM Mechanika Profi IV vs Izzo Alex

Purchasing advice: Profitec Pro 500 vs Rocket vs ECM Mechanika Profi IV vs Izzo Alex

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all,

So Iím ready to take the plunge and upgrade from my fully automatic Delonghi Machine to something I can get a little more involved with the process and after some practise consistently pull great espresso and steam silky milk.

I currently have 2 to 3 espresso or piccolo coffees per day during the week and a few more over the weekend. My wife is a tea drinker and doesnít enjoy coffee, however we regularly entertain and would see myself making 3-4 milk based coffeeís for family and friends after a meal.

After lots of research I've come up with a shortlist of machines that I think will meet my needs/desires/budget, and would appreciate your thoughts on strengths and weaknesses of each against my criteria.

My criteria:

1. Iím after a machine that after some initial time investment I can pull consistent high quality shots.
    2. Reliability and affordable maintenance
    3. Needs to look great on the bench (partly to satisfy the wife )
    4. I donít want to upgrade again soon, aiming to keep for 10 plus years
    5. Happy with well maintained secondhand, but will stretch for new if price difference isnít greater than 30%
    6. Very high build quality

My shortlist in current order of preference:

1. Profitec Pro 500 - ~ $2800 (new)
    2. Rocket Mozzafiato ~ $2900 (new)
    3. ECM Mechanika Profi IV Ė Vibrating Pump ~$2750 (new)
    4. Used Izzo Alex Duetto II (listed for sale on here for $2950)

I must also mention I currently have a Sunbeam EM0480 Conical Burr grinder that I plan on upgrading to a Quamar Q50 P or similar.

Thanks ahead of time for you advice and input.

Surprised you didn’t include any of the Bezzera models. Domus Galatea and the Mitica fit all your criteria perfectly.

This might be a situation where you can’t make the wrong call. I reckon all those models will do the job for you and not disappoint. You also might get a better deal if you purchase the grinder and machine as a combo.
    Walshy25 and CafeLotta like this.

Hi

I recently upgraded to a Profitec Pro 500. I cannot compare it to any of the other models because I have never used them. But I can say that I am very happy with my Profitec which I have teamed up with a Sette 270 grinder. I think at this level of Espresso Machines it probably only boils down to personal preference and looks. They all have the same E61 brewing unit and therefor are all looking very similar.

Quote Originally Posted by arcachon View Post
    Surprised you didn’t include any of the Bezzera models. Domus Galatea and the Mitica fit all your criteria perfectly.
    There's a cracker EOFY deal on the Bezzera Mitica TOP out there if you look
    arcachon and Walshy25 like this.

Banned
    After much research I ended up with a Profitec Pro 500 and an Atom.
    Canít recommend either highly enough buddy.
    Watch as many video reviews as you can thatís my best advice to you.
    GR
    Walshy25 and JMcCee like this.

They are all good machines.

Iv'e had my Izzo Alex Duetto II for eight and a half years now and it's still going strong.

Maybe also consider rotary pump ones so you don't need to upgrade if wanting to plumb in in the next 10yrs
    Walshy25 likes this.

Hi all thanks for your advice, I’ve taken the plunge and purchased a Bezzera MITICA TOP and a Quamar Q50e.

Can’t wait for it

I recently bought a Profitec Pro 500 and absolutely love it. I have 0 experience with the others though so I can't compare.

Edit: I've just noticed you've already made a purchase, congrats!