Thread: What Rancilio is this?

What Rancilio is this?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I have found a Rancilio single group head coffee machine for sale! I am unsure on the model and how old etc but once I hear back I will post more details. But is anyone able to tell me if this machine is any good for the price tag of $495. Post pics for reference! Screenshot_20180723-055754_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20180723-055751_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20180723-055800_Facebook.jpg

Looks like a Rancilio Epoca S1. It's hard to say if it's worth buying - you really need to check out the condition of it. I think they were around $2500 new. This one looks like it's taken a bit of a beating, but that could just be cosmetic.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveD View Post
    Looks like a Rancilio Epoca S1. It's hard to say if it's worth buying - you really need to check out the condition of it. I think they were around $2500 new. This one looks like it's taken a bit of a beating, but that could just be cosmetic.
    I shall await to hear the age and use on this and servicing. It's nearby to me to look at. Anything I need to look at particularly? Currently own a sunbeam em6910 so something like this is alot more than what I'm used to. Obviously check the group head seals, pressure of steam and water and what not, but not sure to be honest

This was the exact message I received for info on the machine

machine is s rancilio epoca o bought it second hand about 3 years ago and it was 2 years old then machine is in good working order it needs a new deal in the group head which I have I make one or two coffees per day on it and I use it for the occasional coffee catering job like kids school fate etc I smashed out 100 coffees on it yesterday no problem at a local gig and most of those were repeat customers coming back for more so that's s good sign ! build quality is very solid all of the seals gjubg back to the boiler were changed two years ago,it has custom built stainless sides and the original front panel has been removed but j haven't got around to replacing it I was going to put either a timber or stainless panel on there also the steam tip is off s Synesso and the steam power and control is very impressive on par with what you would find in a cafe ! makes beautiful coffee I'm only selling coz I'm upgrading to a two group!