Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Olympia cremina water flow issue, please help!

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    166

    Olympia cremina water flow issue, please help!

    Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I've been experiencing issues with channeling lately, i can improve it by using a convex tamp, but ideally I think I shouldnt have to do that. But Im wondering if the issue is due to my dispersion screen and the water flow. Please see the video and let me know if this flow is bad and what the problem might be before I pull the machine apart. Thanks in advance.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE1IrIrzy_4

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Sunshine Coast QLD
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynton87 View Post
    I've been experiencing issues with channeling lately, i can improve it by using a convex tamp,.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE1IrIrzy_4
    Iíd be looking elsewhere, thatís a pretty standard distribution pattern for a Cremina.

    Make sure you flush the group head before pulling you first shot of the day as you can get a steam air lock ( steam lock??) that causes the water to spurt through the group head.

    My $0.02 as a fellow Cremina user.

    Cheers.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by SanderP View Post
    Iíd be looking elsewhere, thatís a pretty standard distribution pattern for a Cremina.

    Make sure you flush the group head before pulling you first shot of the day as you can get a steam air lock ( steam lock??) that causes the water to spurt through the group head.

    My $0.02 as a fellow Cremina user.

    Cheers.
    Thanks sanderp,

    Wondering how often Cremina users are replacing piston seals?

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Sunshine Coast QLD
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynton87 View Post
    Thanks sanderp,

    Wondering how often Cremina users are replacing piston seals?
    Hi Wynton,

    Two schools of thought.

    Replace em every couple of years because itís soooo much easier when they are still pliable.

    OR

    Replace em when they fail at 5 plus years knowing itíll be a bit of a struggle.

    Iíd really recommend you pop your group head off, clean and relube it every year at the minimum then you can also keep an eye on the seals.

    I also should add that you really need to clean the inside of your shower screen yearly especially if you have concerns with the water distribution.

    Search for Orphan Espresso on YouTube theyíll teach you everything you need to know.

    Cheers.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by SanderP View Post
    Hi Wynton,

    Two schools of thought.

    Replace em every couple of years because itís soooo much easier when they are still pliable.

    OR

    Replace em when they fail at 5 plus years knowing itíll be a bit of a struggle.

    Iíd really recommend you pop your group head off, clean and relube it every year at the minimum then you can also keep an eye on the seals.

    I also should add that you really need to clean the inside of your shower screen yearly especially if you have concerns with the water distribution.

    Search for Orphan Espresso on YouTube theyíll teach you everything you need to know.

    Cheers.
    Sounds like great advice thanks sanderp



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •