Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By radsparky
  • 3 Post By printer
  • 1 Post By flynnaus

Thread: Dull light on Rocket Giotto

Dull light on Rocket Giotto

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    ​I have a Rocket Giotto Evolution that I purchased new in 2012, from a dealer in Sydney.

It has been located at my workplace until it was recently replaced by a ECM Controvento.

It has been run on water from a filter that is changed regularly. The machine is also cleaned on a weekly basis and we use BeanBay beans.

I took the machine home to replace my much loved Pavoni.

At some point during the weekend (I think it was when Collingwood were upsetting the Giants) the green light on the front panel went dull, not out, dull.

The pump doesn't work in this state.

I tested the water level sensor it it worked fine.

If I turn the machine off for awhile and then back on it will be good for about an hour and then goes back to the dull green light condition.

I would be happy to take the machine to a tech but I live 6 hours from both Sydney and Melbourne so that is a last resort.

Any suggestions from the brains trust would be most appreciated.

Regards.

I had a similar problem recently the light would turn on dull and the machine wouldnt heat or the pump work
    It turned out to be the 230v - 9v transformer on the control board (MYRRA 44122) costs roughly $5 plus postage and a bit of soldering to fix
    otherwise was quoted $230 for the replacement controller
    Dimal likes this.

thanks radsparky, thats the best lead so far. ill order the part.

Just to update, radsparky was correct. I replaced the transformer. The machine now stays on all day.

many thanks to you radsparky for your spot-on advice.
    Dimal, level3ninja and radsparky like this.

Just bought one 2nd hand which was last serviced in 2016 and not used since. the light is dull but the rest of the machine seems to work ok. Any idea if it could be only the light to replace (but shouldnt it be just not working at all?) or if it could be something else.

Quote Originally Posted by momoche View Post
    Just bought one 2nd hand which was last serviced in 2016 and not used since. the light is dull but the rest of the machine seems to work ok. Any idea if it could be only the light to replace (but shouldnt it be just not working at all?) or if it could be something else.
    The light should be a filament type so it can be either on or off, if dull, it could be the voltage is a bit lower than normal but if the machine works, then the voltage might still be sufficient for operating the machine. It may be a similar issue to the original poster or even your mains voltage being lower than normal. If no other issues with the machine, Id leave it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by momoche View Post
    I have a Rocket Giotto Premium Plus which has a green power light and it is rather dull ie it is hard to tell from a distance if it is on or not.
    Coffee parts sell a range of pilot lights or you could learn to live with it.
    Dimal likes this.

Same think happened to me, got it replaced with a much brighter LED as part of service. Much better.