Like Tree12Likes
  • 9 Post By Yelta
  • 3 Post By speleomike

Thread: Bezzera Domus Galatea, nine years on.

Bezzera Domus Galatea, nine years on.

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Annual report time for the Bezzera, still happy with my choice, 9 years of very good espresso and virtually trouble free operation, although this year I had the control box fail, Complete Cafe Services in Adelaide replaced it ($295) as well as giving the machine a service for a total cost of $476, this is the first major repair I've had done over the time I've owned it, the cost over the nine year period works out to just over $1 a day.

The machine is still performing as well as it did when first purchased, looks like it may well outlast me.
    Dimal, fg1972, SniffCoffee and 6 others like this.

Hi

I'm still very happy with mine also which I bought in June 2008 from DiBartoli. So mine is now a little over 10 years old. Have had the vibration pump replaced and the brass fitting inside the lever replaced. The machine still looks great - I do like the superbly rounded edges.

Mike
    Dimal, Yelta and DaveD like this.

Hi guys, I've just recently bought a Bezzera Galatea Domus. Just wondering what dose you use in the double baskets? Or if you have any tips or tricks for this machine? I am moving from a pre millenium La Pavoni Europiccola which was a little simpler. Thanks

Hi Jamo

I just grind into the double basket till it's a bit over full, swipe over with a paddle pop stick to remove any coffee above the level of the puck, level and do a light tamp. Not sure how many grams. That does a shot for two persons.

Mike