Like Tree13Likes
  • 9 Post By Yelta
  • 3 Post By speleomike
  • 1 Post By Yelta

Thread: Bezzera Domus Galatea, nine years on.

Bezzera Domus Galatea, nine years on.

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Annual report time for the Bezzera, still happy with my choice, 9 years of very good espresso and virtually trouble free operation, although this year I had the control box fail, Complete Cafe Services in Adelaide replaced it ($295) as well as giving the machine a service for a total cost of $476, this is the first major repair I've had done over the time I've owned it, the cost over the nine year period works out to just over $1 a day.

The machine is still performing as well as it did when first purchased, looks like it may well outlast me.
    Dimal, fg1972, SniffCoffee and 6 others like this.

Hi

I'm still very happy with mine also which I bought in June 2008 from DiBartoli. So mine is now a little over 10 years old. Have had the vibration pump replaced and the brass fitting inside the lever replaced. The machine still looks great - I do like the superbly rounded edges.

Mike
    Dimal, Yelta and DaveD like this.

Hi guys, I've just recently bought a Bezzera Galatea Domus. Just wondering what dose you use in the double baskets? Or if you have any tips or tricks for this machine? I am moving from a pre millenium La Pavoni Europiccola which was a little simpler. Thanks

Hi Jamo

I just grind into the double basket till it's a bit over full, swipe over with a paddle pop stick to remove any coffee above the level of the puck, level and do a light tamp. Not sure how many grams. That does a shot for two persons.

Mike

Hi All
    I have an Isomac Millenium II and wonder if I should switch to the Bezzera Galatea. Probably just the look will be the difference

Perfectly happy with my Isomac so far. It must be about 10yo as well

cheers T

Quote Originally Posted by MTAT View Post
    Hi All
    I have an Isomac Millenium II and wonder if I should switch to the Bezzera Galatea. Probably just the look will be the difference

Perfectly happy with my Isomac so far. It must be about 10yo as well

cheers T
    Morning T, Isomac machines have an excellent reputation, if as you say your happy with the Isomac why change.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelta View Post
    Morning T, Isomac machines have an excellent reputation, if as you say your happy with the Isomac why change.
    Haha good point. I guess just itchy hands.

Quote Originally Posted by MTAT View Post
    Haha good point. I guess just itchy hands.
    Ahhhhh! upgraditis strikes again.

To be honest as much as I like my Bezzera, if I was forced to buy a new machine tomorrow I suspect I would do some research and go for something a little more up to date than the Domus Galatea.

So many machines to choose from now, though I must admit at around $2800 they still represent good value for money.
    Dimal likes this.