Thread: Elektra Microcasa, broken?

Elektra Microcasa, broken?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi,

I'm having some problems with my Microcasa that I bought a few years ago but haven't used it until now.
    I fill the boiler with water, waits for everything to get warm but when I try to get water from the brew head it just hums angry at me.

I made a video:

Am I doing something wrong or is it broken?

--Fredrik

What do you mean by fill the boiler? By the look of your sight glass and the sound of the pump there's no water in the boiler. The thing on top with the lid is the water tank not the boiler. You need to fill the boiler via the tank by pressing the button down below. If you done all this then you have a blockage and i apologise.

I think I have filled the boiler a little too much and the indicator is actually at max. While heating up, water overflowed from the top and I had to let a little out through the steamer.

If the pump is working to manually fill the boiler, but not through the grouphead, i'd suspect the group solenoid mounted on top of the group (under the bell cover) It may be blocked , or another possible blockage point is behind the nut on the left side of the group, un-do it and you'll see a small gicleur like opening, this can be blocked with scale if its sat for a while . Be careful working with electricity and pressure :-)

Quote Originally Posted by kofekitt View Post
    another possible blockage point is behind the nut on the left side of the group, un-do it and you'll see a small gicleur like opening, this can be blocked with scale if its sat for a while.
    Can you give me a number?
    https://www.espressocare.com/schemat...ktra-grouphead
    https://www.espressocare.com/schemat...semiautomatica

second drawing , 17, undo number 17 and check for scale blockage

Quote Originally Posted by kofekitt View Post
    second drawing , 17, undo number 17 and check for scale blockage
    Fantastic, I'll give it a try...

Ok, I removed 17 and 19. It's hard to check for scale blockage, I tired looking using a flashlight but it's hard to tell.
    Running the water makes water come out of the from where I removed 19 so, so far so good?

If it is blocked, how do I clean it?