• 2 Post By Dimal
  • 2 Post By CafeLotta
  • 1 Post By arcachon
  • 1 Post By dbun
  • 1 Post By Yelta

Thread: Bezzera BZ10 Group Seal?

Bezzera BZ10 Group Seal?

Hi guys,

Is anyone able to point me to the correct seal to purchase as a replacement for a BZ10?

I've had a look online at a few suppliers and I can't find one that specifically mentions the BZ10, most seem to mention models that use the E61 group head.

I have a BZ10 assembly manual that I found online which details the part:

Part No. 7493016
    Desc. GASKET H 9,3 NBR 75SH

Thanks!

Pre 2015 is apparently a conical shaped seal. The BZ10 I just purchased yesterday appears to have a round cross section so it is quite soft, however i beleive you can use standard 8mm e61 seals...confirmation would be appreciated too!

CafeLotta and CoffeeHack like this.

The one that Barazi Bezzera coffee machines (Australian distributor I think) sell for the BZ10 appears to be part No. 7496092 and has the roundish profile Commercial link removed as per Site Posting Policy

7496092.jpg

The BZ10 Parts Diagram from the link Dimal provided above shows the BZ10 group gasket as Part No.7493016 and has the squarer E61 type profile

7493016.jpg

You can probably use both I'd imagine and cheap enough to see which you prefer in use.

You could try one of the Cafelat Silicone gaskets also - Commercial link removed as per Site Posting Policy

Site Sponsor Casa Espresso has a bit to do with Bezzera and lists these for E61 (check with them though for BZ10 fit)
    - https://www.casaespresso.com.au/cafe...-delivery.html

I use a Cafelat Blue Silicone E61 gasket and would never go back to rubber. Much smoother and softer in use and easier to remove when neccessary.
    Last edited by Javaphile; 11th October 2018 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Commercial links removed - *again*
    Dimal and CoffeeHack like this.

Barazi are your best port of call. They can help identify the right part and send it to you directly. They normally have plenty of these in stock as its a standard replacement item for servicing. They aren't expensive so best to get a couple. Alwasy good to have spare handy for that kind of thing.
    CoffeeHack likes this.

As a Bezzera owner I also recommend Barazi as your first port of call. As particular features of models can change over the years, they'll be able to determine exactly what you need.

Thanks a lot everyone for the suggestions - this has helped narrow it down!

Please let us know how you go! It would be good to have the info for later.

Quote Originally Posted by timmyjj21 View Post
    Please let us know how you go! It would be good to have the info for later.
    I've got a few options coming in, so after I try them out I'll report back with what worked best.
    CafeLotta likes this.

Just as an update, I've currently got a 8mm e61 rubber gasket in there which works.
    Only thing is the group seal does not travel to the 6 o'clock position and stops short, which may or may not be an issue for some people.

Maybe next time I'll try the equivalent silicon gasket as I've read they are softer and may allow the portafilter to travel a little further.

If it was a big deal I would probably recommend going for a 6mm gasket and using spacers to get the spacing just right. The recommended seal from one supplier was a 6mm o-ring style gasket.

I don't like the o-ring on my new machine. It is already a bit sticky and pulls out with removing the portafilter. Thanks for the 8mm advice. I might source a silicone one and give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by timmyjj21 View Post
    I might source a silicone one and give it a try.
    Silicone are certainly the way to go, only a light touch needed to obtain a seal, I'm also told they have a much longer life than the rubber/compound seals.
    Dimal likes this.