Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By noidle22
  • 1 Post By Dimal

Thread: Help - Grimac Mia - water spout won't shut

Help - Grimac Mia - water spout won't shut

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Ok so this is a minor emergency.

My Grimac Mia has decided it won't shut the water spout. Its the model with the volumetric switches not the valve type.

Any ideas or suggestions on how to tackle this. I am hoping it is a simple fix?

Machine has been working flawlessly since last serviced by Rick the Machinist.

Rob

The hot water solenoid plunger is likely not seating properly. This can be due to a failing plunger seat or some debris that has been sucked up the hot water tube from the bottom of the boiler getting stuck on the seat.

Flick the hot water on and off rapidly a few times, this can sometimes dislodge the debris if it's only a small piece.

If that doesn't work, the solenoid will need to be disassembled and cleaned or replaced.
    Dimal likes this.

When I first got my Grimac La Uno, I did a big descale which resulted in the hot water being stuck in the open position. Further descaling fixed the problem but there is a risk of further debris blocking the valve from closing.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenlai View Post
    When I first got my Grimac La Uno, I did a big descale which resulted in the hot water being stuck in the open position. Further descaling fixed the problem but there is a risk of further debris blocking the valve from closing.
    Thanks for the responses. Given the volume of water flowing in open and closed more I suspect it could be a faulty solenoid valve rather than and obstruction.

Now to decide whether to change it myself or take it to either Rick or talk coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by black_pearl View Post
    Now to decide whether to change it myself or take it to either Rick or talk coffee.
    Either will provide you with top quality service and workmanship...

Mal.
    black_pearl likes this.