Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Dimal
  • 1 Post By Agrajag
  • 2 Post By Agrajag

Thread: Diadema Unico Splendor "sticky" brew lever switch

Diadema Unico Splendor "sticky" brew lever switch

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    So my dad's unico splendor has recently had an issue where the brew lever switch would seem to be a bit "sticky" - after pushing the lever back down after pulling a shot, the pump would keep running. If we gave the springy roller thing a flick (pushing it in with a finger and letting it spring back out fast), it would stop - so it seemed there was an issue with the switch not turning off properly. Now it's given up turning off altogether, the switch seems to be always on. Am I safe in assuming it would have to be the brew lever microswitch that would be the issue, given that giving it a flick previously made it turn off? I'm guessing the whole microswitch will need to be replaced unless anyone has come across this issue before and has any other solutions?

switch-small.jpg

Fairly certain it's part 703000 here: https://www.coffeeparts.com.au/bfc-s...rts-7-switches which links to "Group microswitch wega" does this sound right?

Cheers

Could be that the switch is worn out or that there is inadequate clearance between the roller and the Lever Cam.
    If you do end up needing a new switch, grab the manufacturer details off the switch itself and do a search for suppliers in Oz. Lots of companies make them, and for a lot less than $90+...

Here's a sample...

Roller Plunger Microswitch.JPG

Mal.
    Javaphile, level3ninja and Agrajag like this.

Great, thanks for that Dimal - we have checked the clearance, there's definitely enough of a gap there. Thanks for the tips.
    Dimal likes this.

To follow up for any future internet searchers

Thanks to Dimal's suggestions I ended up getting a replacement micro switch from an online AU electronics store, ~$30 including delivery (same day!). I just made sure the specs were the same - there seems to be some sort of industry standard with these roller plunger micro switches, there are a number that are very similarly specced. Minor hitch, found that the roller was about 0.5mm larger than the original, which only just didn't fit through the hole in the machine. Just filed the hole a very small amount and got it through. Machine back to working fine!
    Dimal and topshot like this.

Nice outcome mate...

Mal.