Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By hotshod
  • 1 Post By hotshod

Thread: BFC Semi-Auto (3 red rocker switches) stopped today....HELP

BFC Semi-Auto (3 red rocker switches) stopped today....HELP

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    My faithful BFC Semi-Auto stopped today after many years of wonderful service.
    The problem is that it makes all the right noises when you engage the brew switch, but nothing is delivered thru the group head.
    The pump is working and all water is being returned to the tank.
    The temp is fine so element and pressure stat are working and the machine can still deliver hot water via the hot water tap.
    My only clue is that it gave a bit of a stutter while make the last espresso as if the brew switch was not fully engaged this was accompanied by a few rapid clicks and sort of made its final cup. The following cup, 3 min later the BFC failed to deliver any water to the group head.
    I removed a few pipes and the mushroom and all was clean, no scaled at all. I checked the restrictor valve and it was ok.
    I am beginning to suspect something electrical or solenoid, but uncertain as at how to test.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hotshod

Living on the Northern Rivers ,NSW I was hoping a fellow CS could help me out as to why my BFC Semi Auto had stopped delivering water to the group head. But nothing came of my request for help.

Enter Reg Underhill from Lismore. Reg picked up my machine , diagnosed the problem and delivered it back to all within 2 days,full serviced and polished. An absolutely fabulous service. I don't know if Reg has a company name BUT if your E61 machine needs attention chase him down, he gave me the impression of genuine gentleman that knows his stuff.
    BTW my problem was a faulty Parker Valve.

Many thanks Reg, I don't know if you are a CS member or not but other Coffee Snobs who live in the area should know about you.

Cheers,
    Hotshod
    Dimal likes this.

Good to hear you managed to get it all sorted.

Java "It's more fun when your toys work!" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Just as a footnote,.... Out of desperation I approached one of the local commercial roasters in the area and they gave me Reg's phone number. So my guess is he does a bit of work mainly on commercial machines, but was only too happy to help me out.

cheers
    Dimal likes this.