Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Chrisf91

Thread: Isomac Tea Due - thoughts/feedback

Isomac Tea Due - thoughts/feedback

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hey coffeesnobs,

In search for a new coffee machine. I'm interested in the Isomac Tea Due, only thing is I can't seem to find much feedback/reviews about this machine. Has anyone had any experience with this machine?

Thanks!

I had the pleasure of owning a Tea II for seven years of reliable service, with regular maintenace it never let me down. Great machine for the price. The only reason I replaced it was upgraditis and purchasing a twin boiler Profitec Pro 700.

Thanks Greenman. That sure sounds like a great upgrade!

There are quite a few machines to consider with similar features (e61 HX machines) if you are not set on that specific machines, particularly if you are buying used you will have more choices to get a well maintained machine;

1. Vibemme Domobar Junior
    2. Rocket Giotto
    3. Rocket Apartmento
    4. Expobar Office Leva
    5. Lelit Mara (not the prettiest machine)
    6. Profitec Pro 500
    7. Quick Mill Aquila
    8. Bezzera BZ10
    9. CIME 01

Probably a bunch more I didn't list but might give you some food for thought. I have used for last 6 months Rocket Giotto (and loving it) but can't give any feedback on the Isomac Tea Due machine. I have also used an Expobar Office Semi Auto machine (this is different to the above without the proper e61 grouphead) but very nice machine, quiet sold and efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisf91 View Post
    Hey coffeesnobs,

In search for a new coffee machine. I'm interested in the Isomac Tea Due, only thing is I can't seem to find much feedback/reviews about this machine. Has anyone had any experience with this machine?

Thanks!
    Dont wish to take the spot light off the machine you are looking for but a decent grinder will be as important if not more important when looking into a new machine also. if you have a budget consider the grinder also. Good luck with find what you want, I have always liked the look of the Isomac Tea.

Regards,

Chris

Thanks roosterben. I've had a quick look at the rocket machines. They look amazing! Just might be a out of my price range once I include a grinder. Might try keep an eye out for a decent second hand machine though

Thanks coffeechris. Current options for grinders are either compak k3, macap m2d or baratza sette 270
    coffeechris likes this.

I've had one for 8yrs. I've had to replace the pressurestat twice, the boiler element twice and the control unit once.
    I purchased mine damaged for $500, it was probably abused to death before i got it too.
    other than that it has been perfect (when it works).

tip: i stuck sound deadening sheets on the inside of the stainless body. Makes a huge difference in sound.

Thanks pawnii

I've owned mine for 7 years and have found it to be magnificent. Serviced twice since I bought it new with nothing major required at either service. The temperature control isn't as good as the higher end spec machines but if you carry out a 'cooling flush' prior to brewing it's bullet proof at producing repeatable 'god shots'.

Grinhill
    I've owned mine for about 7 years as well. I must say the list of replacement parts during that time is a bit higher than I would expect, including pressurestat, mains switch, pump and a few other bits. My local shop decided to stop stocking them as well, saying the components used weren't as good as some other machines. I opted for better quality replacements parts with most of these repairs so hopefully will now get some longer service from the machine!