Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lyrebird

Thread: **Desperately need some help with my Isomac millenium**

**Desperately need some help with my Isomac millenium**

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi guys!

I have owned my Isomac millenium for about 8 years or so, it has done me very well. Yesterday after heating the machine up I came back to make my coffee and noticed there was no pressure in the boiler. Both the red light and green light was on indicating it was ready to make coffee, when I pulled the lever down to draw water through the group head the pump turned on but the water was only lukewarm. The heating element in the boiler doesn't seem to turn back on but and green light is on. After the machine cooled right down I tried again, it did heat up for a few minutes but then lost pressure again and wouldn't heat back up.

Does anyone have some ideas to what part is faulty? I'm having some caffeine withdraws already, I had a laugh.

Much appreciated!

Chris.

I figured out the problem. I am pretty sure its as faulty pressurestat, I gave it a few taps with the back of a screwdriver and the machine is heating up like normal.
    So it obviously needs replacing.
    If anyone is having similar issues, give it a try! Enjoying a nice espresso now, mmmm.

Before replacing the pressurestat, check the connecting line between it and the boiler. It might be as simple as a blockage due to scale, especially likely if it righted itself with a couple of taps.
    Dimal likes this.

Great, thanks for the tip.
    I also now notice it way overshoots the pressure setting. I have it at 1.1-1.2 bar (just readjust it then to make sure)and when left for a while it will keep going up to near 2 bar.
    I did notice some scale around the threaded outlet of the boiler so that's also a sign I need to do a propper descale. Not sure if that means removing the boiler and manually cleaning it out since it could be bad but ill look into it now. If I get stuck I might take it in for a service but I like doing things myself when possible and save some cash.
    Cheers.