Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jackster

Thread: Giotto Rocket V3 faulty pump diagnosis - Advice needed

Giotto Rocket V3 faulty pump diagnosis - Advice needed

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I was just seeking some advice regarding a possible pump issue on my Giotto Rocket V3 before I purchase some parts. The issue Im experiencing is intermittent, but becoming more frequent. When I go to pull a shot or backwash the group, the pump starts and the pressure rises to around the 8-9 bar mark as normal. At that point the sound of the pump changes from normal and quietens dramatically and often but not always the group pressure gauge drops from 8-9 to about 3-4 bar or even spikes up and down several times and you can hear the pump surging.

Without any restriction (eg blind filter or loaded coffee basket) the pump works, sounds normal and water flows unrestricted from the grouphead.

Has anyone experienced anything similar and are these systems of a faulty pump or possibly something else?

Thanks

Is this a vibe or rotary pump?
    I had a vibe pump machine that was similarly sounding to yours, with inconsistent pressure, it was the check valve in the nose of the pump needing a clean. 30min job...
    Joffers1 likes this.

It's a vibrating pump.
    Thanks for the reply

I thought my problem may have been the opv, and I got a proper adjustable setup and fitted it. So that may be your problem also.
    But I'm 90% sure my issue was the pump valving.

Hi there I actually just posted the same issue with my Rocket Giotto - I’m assuming my pump is a vibrating one too - it’s quite noisy when it’s operating but goes super quiet and blows air out of the grouphead sporadically. What was the diagnosis on yours in the end?

Quote Originally Posted by pbags View Post
    Hi there I actually just posted the same issue with my Rocket Giotto - I’m assuming my pump is a vibrating one too - it’s quite noisy when it’s operating but goes super quiet and blows air out of the grouphead sporadically. What was the diagnosis on yours in the end?
    It was the pump.
    I bought and installed a new pump and has been working perfectly ever since.