Thread: Bezzera Galatea Domus - no steam first thing/dumps steam then good for the day...?

Bezzera Galatea Domus - no steam first thing/dumps steam then good for the day...?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi All,

Firstly - apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere (or this is in the wrong place) - I've got a ~9-ish year old Bezzera Galatea Domus that gets a yearly service and runs well - except first time in the morning, almost every time (which is frustrating) the steam dumps when the steam valve opened and the pressure drops to 0. I wait 5 minutes for the pressure to build up again and it's fine for the rest of the day's use?

Thinking that this is a HX machine so it should pressurise the boiler and the steamer (?) at the same time? I don't recall it doing this when new though that was some time ago. I've recently had the machine serviced and I don't know if they didn't pick up on it or if it's normal behavior... Hoping another owner can comment before I pack it up and send it away for another week or two...

Thanks in advance all - W

Hi , it sounds like your anti-vac valve is sticking closed creating false pressure. With the Galatea, it is part of the pressurestat assembly , so techs are a little less likely to replace during a standard service like they would when it is a separate valve .

Looks like this;
    Attached Images Attached Images

Your anti-vac vent is stuck closed. Locate it and tap the shaft sticking up out of it and your problem may be fixed. Personally when the anti-vac valve sticks on my equipment it's time to rebuild or replace it. I'm not familiar with your machine so I can't tell you where the anti-vac valve is located or its' ease of being rebuilt (Most are pretty easy to do.) someone else will have to address those questions.

Java "What's stuck where?" phile

PS *Snap* Kofekitt beat me to it.
    Last edited by Javaphile; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:45 AM. Reason: Added PS
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Thank you folks - most appreciated. A couple of days off from the office so I'll get the sides off and see if I can find it

If you are replacing it, there is a replacement that has a hose connection on it. It can then be plumbed to the drip tray. The usual ones have a bit of a spit as they warm up, and this is under the covers.
    My Musica has a little copper bowl around it, so that it boils off the little spray from the anti vac.