Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By 338
  • 1 Post By roly7
  • 1 Post By artman

Thread: Lelit Diana PL60T V2 issues

Lelit Diana PL60T V2 issues

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Afternoon All

My Lelit Diana started experiencing issues in early december and I am seeking your advice. My email to Lelit to find out what the morse code beep meant resulted in the below email back.

"in the PL60 machine, a different sound of the buzzer indicates that the automatic filling up of the steam boiler takes more than the programmed time-out. I mean thatthe water to refill the boiler cannot reach the level probe in the correct timing, but it takes more than the programmed time-out. In this case the water pump stops to run and the buzzer sounds with a different beeping. Probably the pump of the steam boiler is faulty and cannot push water with the correct flow rate, or the limestone has partially clogged the inlet fitting of the steam boiler, causing a decrease of the water flow"

I took this information to my local tech for a service and fix and they have come back with the following report and parts list / prices to service / fix.

"Control Board no longer responding.- to be replaced, pump no longer pushing 9 bar- to be replaced, boiler quick-connect elbow fitting is corroded & leaking- to bereplaced and Teflon tube on the connector fitting is split - to be replaced"

parts list.JPG

thumbnail_image001.jpgthumbnail_image003.jpg

Total quote cost for $600 which has my wife asking is it worth having repaired or do we just replace it with something new?

I machine is early 2015 old, we live in Perth and have a 3-stage under sink filter system consisting of Carbon, water softener resin and KDF55.

Any thoughts or advice?

Cheers
    Roly
    Last edited by roly7; 22nd January 2019 at 08:34 PM.

G'day Roly...

I'd definitely get a couple more quotes. Sounds expensive and over the top re: number of items...
    There are a couple of reputable espresso machine tech's that CSers in and around Perth are happy to recommend, so would wait until some Perth locals drop in to the thread with suggestions...

Mal.

Thanks Mal.

Will cost me $70 just for them to have a look at it but if that means potentially saving a hundred then so be it

I would definitely be interested to here from other Perth CSers or Sponsors as to people or places to go for service advice or help.

Roly

I can see why they replace parts. It would cost so much more in labour to clean/descaling/repair those items on your list.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackster View Post
    I can see why they replace parts. It would cost so much more in labour to clean/descaling/repair those items on your list.
    Yeah possibly with the internal parts. The shower screen and seal were in useable clean condition so I'll be opting out of those items, worse case I'll replace myself.

Jackster do you have a manual machine? If so who do use for servicing?

I do it all myself, never found anyone better... Simonelli Musica here.

I do it all myself, never found anyone better... Simonelli Musica here.
    Maybe its time for some youtube videos and some DIY?... I don't tinkering with things but my wife on the other hand hates me tinkering

Roly, when I bought some Lelit spares from Jet Black Espresso, Patrick in spare parts offered advice on some other spares worth getting. Things like the shower screen bolt had been upgraded from a philips to torx, etc. He was right, almost wrecked the philips bolt and would probably have had one more use, the torx bolt means I can remove and clean the shower screen weekly. Negligible money for a couple of small things, I was grateful he upsold me. I would ring them for prices on the spares, you may well get some good advice thrown in and at the least get correct pricing. As the importer they know Lelit's pretty well.
    Dimal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 338 View Post
    Roly, when I bought some Lelit spares from Jet Black Espresso, Patrick in spare parts offered advice on some other spares worth getting. Things like the shower screen bolt had been upgraded from a philips to torx, etc. He was right, almost wrecked the philips bolt and would probably have had one more use, the torx bolt means I can remove and clean the shower screen weekly. Negligible money for a couple of small things, I was grateful he upsold me. I would ring them for prices on the spares, you may well get some good advice thrown in and at the least get correct pricing. As the importer they know Lelit's pretty well.
    Thanks 338, appreciate the feedback.

Perhaps combine youtube, tinkering, talking to jetblack and purchasing parts through them would be the way to go.
    Dimal likes this.

If you are half handy you should be able to repair by yourself. Itís fun and a great accomplishment. Even if you have to buy some tools you can use them next time.

Heaps of info and people around to help you out.

Cheers
    Dimal likes this.

I have a portafilter pressure gauge for checking/setting your pump/opv pressure. Should fit...

I have a portafilter pressure gauge for checking/setting your pump/opv pressure. Should fit...
    Thanks Jackster. I will definitely be in touch if that the direction I go which is likely the case

Got your PM and will consider that if I go that route too.