Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Caffeinator

Thread: VBM Domobar Junior HX thermosiphon circuit

VBM Domobar Junior HX thermosiphon circuit

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Well today my mate brought around his VBM as he was not getting high enough temps at the group even after 3 hours at idle, we decided to pull the restrictor out of the thermosiphon loop and check then enlarge the restrictor. The hole was 2mm so gradually we enlarged then checked and finally ended up with a 5mm hole in the restrictor and now are getting the required 92 water temp. Anyone else had issues with low temp in these machines ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuelledbycoffee View Post
    Well today my mate brought around his VBM as he was not getting high enough temps at the group even after 3 hours at idle, we decided to pull the restrictor out of the thermosiphon loop and check then enlarge the restrictor. The hole was 2mm so gradually we enlarged then checked and finally ended up with a 5mm hole in the restrictor and now are getting the required 92 water temp. Anyone else had issues with low temp in these machines ?
    Sounds really unusual.

I'd have chased other possible causes first.
    Dimal and level3ninja like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinator View Post
    Sounds really unusual.

I'd have chased other possible causes first.
    update, from a cold start the 5mm was a bit too big and the machine needs a reasonable cooling flush, will reduce midway to a 3.5 restriction and post results. On the upside it does confirm the thermosiphon circuit was over restricted