• 2 Post By theosouris
  • 2 Post By Caffeinator
  • 1 Post By Caffeinator
  • 2 Post By Dimal
  • 1 Post By javameister

Thread: rocket mozzafiato Type V or lelit mara pl62t

rocket mozzafiato Type V or lelit mara pl62t

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I don't think there's a better choice between those two. I've compared all the specs, but I can't decide...

I know, the lelit is smaller, space is not a problem for me.

Write me what would be your choice and why

Thank you !

(EDIT: largely irrelevant)
    Last edited by level3ninja; 18th February 2019 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by level3ninja View Post
    They're very different machines. The Mozzafiato is an E61 Hx machine, will take 30-45min to heat up, will need cooling flushes, no grinder built in. Properly looked after it should last 15 years or more.
    The Mara is a dual boiler / grinder combi that will heat up in 10min or so, only need a slight flush, but may run out of puff after a few back to back drinks. Properly looked after it should last 10+ years.

Your application and personal preferences are going to make the decision for you as these machines are a long way from the same.
    https://espresso.lelit.com/product/15

lelit Mara PL62T, heat exchanger, group head E61, if Iím not mistaken, itís pretty much the same.

Oops, sorry I had the PL61 in my head

I'm an Aussie based in Abu Dhabi but currently working in Rwanda
    Rocket all the way for me - I have an appartamento for about 18 months now and it is a tank and has never had an issue with it. Rocket machines also look much slicker than the other machines IMHO.

Good luck!
    Dimal and DaveD like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Muryk124 View Post
    https://espresso.lelit.com/product/15

lelit Mara PL62T, heat exchanger, group head E61, if I’m not mistaken, it’s pretty much the same.
    I worry about comments like this. Not to say there anything wrong with the Lelit, but the Rocket is superior in terms of build quality as well as external finish. They both make good coffee. A Ferrari and a Commodore will both procure you a carton of milk. I guess that they're probably pretty much the same as well.
    Dimal and DaveD like this.

Iím sure itís a lovely machine, but Mozzafiato sounds like a pizza ingredient!

Quote Originally Posted by herzog View Post
    I’m sure it’s a lovely machine, but Mozzafiato sounds like a pizza ingredient!
    Or to an Italian, the literal translation is "breathtaking". Try asking the 15YO at your local Domino's for some of that on your stuffed crust ham and pineapple. https://www.collinsdictionary.com/di...ish/mozzafiato
    Dimal likes this.

Have you looked at the Profitec Pro 500? I love the styling of the Rocket Mozzafiato but not sure it is worth the extra few hundred, and from all reports I have read the Profitec has the edge in terms of build quality. I am waiting for a good deal before I pull the trigger. Best price I've seen on the Profitec is $2799 but would like to pay a little less (hoping for a good used buy/eBay coupon) as I need some $ leftover for a good grinder. But either way both are great machines, you can't go wrong, I prefer the looks of the Rocket over Lelit.

Quote Originally Posted by javameister View Post
    I love the styling of the Rocket Mozzafiato but not sure it is worth the extra few hundred, and from all reports I have read the Profitec has the edge in terms of build quality.
    Careful what you believe when traversing the WWW.
    Build quality of all Rocket machinery is second to none and can be attested to by thousands of users here on CS...

Mal.
    flynnaus and Caffeinator like this.

Yeah, I am sure it is. The Rocket machines are what I was initially drawn to as I really love the styling and that it is 100% Italian, and I'd certainly be happy with one of those as well, just a matter of getting a good deal. This is a big investment for me, all i've used for years is a Sunbeam Cafe Crema. I am keeping an eye on the hardware sale area
    Dimal likes this.