Thread: What to buy (so overwhelmed)? Going from Breville BES980 Oracle to...?

Question What to buy (so overwhelmed)? Going from Breville BES980 Oracle to...?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Had a Breville Oracle for four years. Whilst it produced some good coffee, the machine was a constant moving target.
    It was fixed because of problems more than six times during that four year period. The last repair (through Bravo in Sydney) noted that a lot of the specifics were way out from factory settings. Based on the ongoing issues, the tech suggested it's been like this since new.
    But... I haven't used it since.

I moving to something less automatic, more hands on, probably second hand, that produces a more consistent and flavoursome shot. Prefer a dual boiler/HX for speed and temp consistency and a steammer that can produce beautiful fine texture. Most coffees (4-6 /day) will be triple shot lattes, double shot flat whites, short espressos and long blacks, using freshly roasted 'boutique' beans (Ona, mycuppa, five senses)

I'm currently considering six options:
    1. Sunbeam Cafe EM7000 (used, cheap bang-for-buck option as a learner before moving to something better, price <$500) - match with a new Breville Smart grinder or another grinder on CS.
    2. Breville Dual Boiler BES920 and Smart grinder (quick, easily accessible option as a learner before moving to something better, new, price <$1k).
    3. Sunbeam Torino PU8000 (new, price <$1k) - match with a new Breville Smart grinder or another grinder on CS.
    4. Lelit Anita with PID PL042TEMD includes inbuilt PL043MM grinder (used in good condition, price <$1k).
    5. FAEMA E98 Compact A/1 Fully Automatic (used, good condition, price <$1k) - match with a new Breville Smart grinder or another grinder on CS.
    6. Bezzera Modern Ellisse (used, good condition, price <$1k) - match with a new Breville Smart grinder or another grinder on CS.

Thoughts, advice etc appreciated.

Well I bough a used, near new, Breville Dual Boiler BES920 and Smart grinder for $690.
    I haven't even dialed in the grind on the grinder or the extraction times on the espresso machine, but the grinder is so far ahead of the grinder on the Oracle, it's crazy. And the staeming wand has so much more pressure it makes a much smoother, finer, and more highly textured milk. The Oracle was twice the price of the Dual Boiler / Smart Grinder combo and comparitively seemed crap.

I'm still interested in some of the other machines I listed, particularly the Lelit Anita PID PL042TEMD, the FAEMA E98 Compact A/1 fully automatic and the Bezzera Modern Ellisse.
    I really like the rounded shape of the Bezzera too, quite sexy!

Having come from a sunbeam EM7000 I recommend a dual boiler. Also I know a few people who have had bad experiences with the Torino, so worth doing some research if considering it.