Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By level3ninja
  • 3 Post By Thatguy87

Thread: Lelit Diana PL60T V2 tips and tricks

Lelit Diana PL60T V2 tips and tricks

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi guys, just made the stereotypical jump from EM7000 (after 6 years) and bought a Lelit Diana PL60T V2 (picking it up tomorrow). The model has just been superseded but I love the toggle switches, and bought on the recommendation of a work colleague who has had one for 4 years.

Anyone got any tips or tricks on using, cleaning, anything really? I've got a wifi powerpoint on its way already so I can let the machine warm up before use.

I appreciate any input from you guys.

Backflush with a blind filter after every coffee making session, clean with chemical espresso cleaner weekly. The Diana won't take long to heat up, maybe 15min max, so you might not need the wifi switch. What grinder are you using?
    Last edited by level3ninja; 26th February 2019 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Autocucumber
    Dimal and Thatguy87 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by level3ninja View Post
    Backflush with a blind filter after every coffee making session, clean with chemical espresso cleaner weekly. The Diana won't take long to heat up, maybe 15min max, so you might not need the wifi switch. What grinder are you using?
    Thanks for the input, much appreciated. Breville smart grinder for now. Had to work hard to get the machine past my wife, so realistically the grinder won't happen for a little while. Wifi powerpoint isn't essential, but will make it easier for me because I'm lazy haha
    Last edited by Thatguy87; 26th February 2019 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by level3ninja View Post
    Don't know if you can help me, I've set it up as per the instruction manual but I'm not getting a green light for the steam and it doesn't seem to be getting water. Any ideas what the problem might be? Water tank is full, both pipes are in the water properly and neither are kinked

On the right hand side of the machine there are two black switches. One is the power switch and the other is the steam boiler master switch, are they both on?

Yeah both switches on. The manual is very vague, is the steam ready light meant to come on and stay on? Mine is flicking on and off
    Last edited by Thatguy87; 27th February 2019 at 08:49 AM.

I found a video on YouTube, I think maybe I was freaking out over nothing. Will try make a flat white this morning and see if it works.

Freakout over, thank God for YouTube videos. Now I feel stupid. But the coffee tastes good, and that's all that matters, right?
    Dimal, level3ninja and gordons like this.

I own the same machine for about 9months. Love the machine. But def upgrading the grinder will really help with flavor. I have a no frills Ceado EP5 and love it. Large burrs that are pretty fast and well built.