Thread: Bezzera BZ99 electrical issue

Bezzera BZ99 electrical issue

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I have a friend with a Bezzera BZ99 that has a problem - everything was working fine until this morning when it was switched on and suddenly... Nothing happened.
    The power switch light goes on but the element and its indicator light do not work and pressing the brew switch also does nothing.
    I know a few people on here have these particular machines or versions of them so I thought id ask on here to get a few pointers as to where to look first.
    Also If anyone has a wiring diagram for these machines that would be really useful.
    My suspicion is that it might be the autofill and relay box but so far I have had to diagnose over the phone.
    any ideas or things to check would be appreciated.

Check the Low Water safety Cut out circuit.
    Its 2 bolts / connectors into the side of the Water Tank.
    Would not be unreasonable to expect resistance build up here could be an issue.

Most times this prob rears up with a new owner who uses to clean / sterile water in the tank.
    GL

I didn't think of that. I will pass this on and see how he goes. Fortunately he's quite a practical guy so I don't have to be too exacting, he just needs to know the most likely cluprits to check

Had similar with my Bezzera machine twice in the past 12 months, first time the control box/board failed, the second time it was a relay.

As Espresso Adventurer suggested, it may well be as simple as the Low Water safety Cut out.

Would appreciate it if you would keep us informed as to the outcome.

Ive passed all possible leads onto my mate along with the wiring diagram and he is following through on them. Will report back when he gets back to me. Unfortunately he lives about 3hrs away so this is all repair via phone which im sure is a common thing for lots on this board once word gets out that your "into coffee machines" I get a call about once a month from someone with machine issues.