Results 1 to 21 of 21
Like Tree22Likes
  • 1 Post By 338
  • 1 Post By dbun
  • 3 Post By Caffeinator
  • 3 Post By coffeechris
  • 3 Post By Yelta
  • 2 Post By CafeLotta
  • 2 Post By crazyhakins
  • 3 Post By Yelta
  • 1 Post By Yelta
  • 1 Post By Dimal
  • 1 Post By Yelta

Thread: Retailer for Profitec and Bezzera in Melbourne?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3

    Retailer for Profitec and Bezzera in Melbourne?

    Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi,
    I'm looking at either a Profitec Pro 500 or a Bezzera Mitica Top and want to be able to see the machines in action.
    So far I haven't found a retailer in Melbourne who stocks Profitec - can anyone here help point me in the right direction please?

    Many thanks

  2. #2
    338
    338 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    705
    Call Jetblack in Sydney and ask them who would have one on display. They are the importer.
    cfrost likes this.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    128
    A friend bought a Profitec 500 in Melbourne.
    They live in Mont Albert and the shop was around there. I’ll see if I can find out where.
    cfrost likes this.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    134
    Site sponsor Casa Espresso sells Bezzera and may be able to source Profitec too.

    CS used to have a sponsor who sold Profi. He got himself booted out...
    cfrost, coffeechris and CafeLotta like this.

  5. #5
    Senior Member coffeechris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    721
    Where in Melbourne? Because id suggest Antony at Casa Espresso. I dont want to change your mind but if you are looking at machines in this price range, i dont think you can go past a Izzo Vivi. That said he also has a range of Bezzara machines.
    Cheers, Chris
    cfrost, Dimal and Caffeinator like this.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Yelta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Moonta SA.
    Posts
    6,724
    No experience with Profitec machines Cfrost so cant comment, however have owned a Bezzera Domus Galatea for coming up 10 years and cant fault it.

    Dead easy to get great results from, easy to maintain, parts readily available, priced well at $2500 and a couple of options re cabinet design, some don't like the styling of the Galatea and prefer the Mitica though it is more expensive.

    As Coffeechris commented Antony at Casa Espresso is a good person to deal with.
    https://www.casaespresso.com.au/dome...s/bezzera.html
    cfrost, Dimal and CafeLotta like this.

  7. #7
    Senior Member CafeLotta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Melbourne, Vic, Aust.
    Posts
    984
    Quote Originally Posted by cfrost View Post
    Hi,
    I'm looking at either a Profitec Pro 500 or a Bezzera Mitica Top and want to be able to see the machines in action.
    So far I haven't found a retailer in Melbourne who stocks Profitec - can anyone here help point me in the right direction please?
    Many thanks
    Without meaning to sound rude you can very easily find what you are looking for on Google. First post and it sounds very much like some other first time posts which were trying to lead buyers to a particular non-site sponsor retailer.
    Dimal and Barry O'Speedwagon like this.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Barry O'Speedwagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    PRL
    Posts
    2,575
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeLotta View Post
    Without meaning to sound rude you can very easily find what you are looking for on Google. First post and it sounds very much like some other first time posts which were trying to lead buyers to a particular non-site sponsor retailer.
    To be fair, this poster joined in 2009, so maybe less likely to be the case?

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks Barry - I joined up years ago when I was researching my first coffee machine, but never posted (limited budget and bought a Sunbeam which had served me well, but started to get a bit on in age).
    Big absence from site, then back again now reading through posts to research replacing it with a real machine.
    Ideally I was looking for somewhere which stocked both the Profitec and Bezzera (I wanted to compare and see whether the Rotary pump would be a worthwhile extra investment), but doesn't look like anywhere stocks both.
    To CafeLotta - I've extensively searched Google, but couldn't find any retail addresses. I did find Casa Espresso, but couldn't find an address so assumed it was just an online shop. Since then (and thanks to everyone for all the helpful replies on this thread) I've been in touch with Antony at Casa Espresso and will head in there in a week or two.
    Dbun - did you find out the name of the shop in Mont Albert? Closest I could find was "Espresso Fix" in Balwyn North, but they don't list Profitec on their website.

  10. #10
    Senior Member CafeLotta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Melbourne, Vic, Aust.
    Posts
    984
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry O'Speedwagon View Post
    To be fair, this poster joined in 2009, so maybe less likely to be the case?
    1st post in 10 years? Most people join up to post straight away. What was asked for is extremely easy to find online. These sort of posts always seem to mention one particular brand and Melbourne so I'm a bit cynical I must say.

    Not sure why but Robbie Williams words seemed appropriate.......

    "So when I'm lying in my bed
    Thoughts running through my head
    And I feel the love is dead
    I'm loving angels (or angel accounts) instead"
    Last edited by CafeLotta; 26th April 2019 at 02:19 PM.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Yelta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Moonta SA.
    Posts
    6,724
    Quote Originally Posted by CafeLotta View Post
    1st post in 10 years? What was asked for is extremely easy to find online. These sort of posts always seem to mention one particular brand and Melbourne so I'm a bit cynical I must say.
    You may well be right CL, given the brand name being inquired about.

  12. #12
    Senior Member CafeLotta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Melbourne, Vic, Aust.
    Posts
    984
    Quote Originally Posted by cfrost View Post
    To CafeLotta - I've extensively searched Google, but couldn't find any retail addresses. I did find Casa Espresso, but couldn't find an address so assumed it was just an online shop. Since then (and thanks to everyone for all the helpful replies on this thread) I've been in touch with Antony at Casa Espresso and will head in there in a week or two.
    Dbun - did you find out the name of the shop in Mont Albert? Closest I could find was "Espresso Fix" in Balwyn North, but they don't list Profitec on their website.
    I find that hard to believe. (.......deleted the rest. Thought better of leading towards a non-site sponsor)

    Site Sponsor Casa Espresso is at this address - 5/136 Keys Rd, Cheltenham VIC 3189 Phone: (03) 9530 8992.
    Once again easy to find in Google and details pop up to the right side of 1st page, plain as day.
    Last edited by CafeLotta; 26th April 2019 at 01:43 PM.

  13. #13
    338
    338 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    705
    No need for google, checking websites, etc. Just ring Jetblack on (02) 9452 6470 and ask which of their retailers in Melbourne would have a 500 on display. It really isn't a bad or dangerous experience to ring them, have done it myself and survived with no ill effects. Then see that retailer and Antony and compare the two machines. Enjoy your coffee after.

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3
    To all helpful replies - thank-you.
    To the others - I understand the cynicism, however I genuinely just want to buy myself a new machine! I will be checking out the Profitec dealer as suggested by CafeLotta in the since edited post (thanks), and will head in to check out the Bezerra (and Izzo)..
    I'm leaning towards the Bezerra currently (quiet rotary pump will help keep my sleeping family members happy). Will update here once I make the decision.

    Thanks

  15. #15
    Senior Member CafeLotta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Melbourne, Vic, Aust.
    Posts
    984
    Quote Originally Posted by 338 View Post
    No need for google, checking websites, etc. Just ring Jetblack on (02) 9452 6470 and ask which of their retailers in Melbourne would have a 500 on display. It really isn't a bad or dangerous experience to ring them, have done it myself and survived with no ill effects. Then see that retailer and Antony and compare the two machines. Enjoy your coffee after.
    Jetblack Espresso is a Site Sponsor and ships free to Melbourne I believe and has local service/repair contacts if needed. No harm in asking them but the preference here on CS is not to lead people to non-site sponsors when the other option is available. I am not aware of any Site Sponsors that sell Profitec in Melbourne and personally if I was after one I would buy it from JetBlack direct.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    132
    I have purchased a P500 from Jet-black and it arrived in Melbourne without any dramas. I purchased a "pre-loved" machine which is why I went with them. There is a Melbourne based dealer for Profitec. As other posts have eluded to, they aren't a site sponsor so we can't promote them here.
    Yelta and CafeLotta like this.

  17. #17
    Senior Member Yelta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Moonta SA.
    Posts
    6,724
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyhakins View Post
    There is a Melbourne based dealer for Profitec. As other posts have eluded to, they aren't a site sponsor so we can't promote them here.
    And for very good reason, the dealer in question has scant regard for ethics or the truth.
    Dimal, CafeLotta and Ardent like this.

  18. #18
    Senior Member Yelta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Moonta SA.
    Posts
    6,724
    Surely not? certainly has all of the hallmarks.
    CafeLotta likes this.

  19. #19
    Mal Dimal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Warwick, QLD
    Posts
    16,613
    Hmmm...

    Sounds like our "Old Mate" has found a new name to use logging into CS...

    Mal.
    CafeLotta likes this.

  20. #20
    Senior Member Yelta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Moonta SA.
    Posts
    6,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimal View Post
    Hmmm...

    Sounds like our "Old Mate" has found a new name to use logging into CS...

    Mal.
    Gotta give him an A for perseverance and effort.
    CafeLotta likes this.

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Hobart TAS
    Posts
    257
    Who'd have known that Keith Richards was a Coffeesnob? Well at least for the last couple of hours.



Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •