Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By Fuelledbycoffee

Thread: Latest project, spring lever build

Latest project, spring lever build

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    So over the summer Iíve been playing as Iíve always wanted a spring lever to play with so I started collecting some things. I bought a cheap boema single group as a donor machine, a cma dipper lever group from a cs member (thanks koffeekit) and a few other odds and ends.

i started out stripping the boema and having a look at how I was going to set things up. I then did some cutting and welding etc for the cross section to hold the group. I adopted a similar setup that rick used on the londinium for the boiler but only having a shallow dipper thread I ended up adoption a compression fit using a machined piece of brass with orings between the group and boiler face plate.

the group boiler has had a pid added to be able to play with the temperature profiles a bit more and all in all is doing a great job in the cup which is essentially what itís all about.

Attached are some pics of the process, the machine is currently on the bench undergoing trials but will soon be removed for chassis tidy up and panel work.

Latest project, spring lever build

Love it

Look forward to seeing some more photos and info on the build.