Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Caffeinator
  • 2 Post By Dimal
  • 1 Post By lemoo

Thread: Help Diagnosing Giotto Issue

Help Diagnosing Giotto Issue

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Machine is a giotto premium plus V2

After making a shot the past weekend when going to backflush the E61 group head - lifted the lever but the vibe pump did not kick in
    I thought ok maybe the pump is dead, I turned on the hot water wand to see what happens and after flushing out some hot water the pump engaged to refill the boiler
    I tried lifting the lever again so that water would flow through the group head but no luck, i figured maybe a faulty switch

Fast forward to this morning (machine turned off overnight and turned back on in the morning) on a whim i tried to see if it was dead dead
    Surprisingly everything worked as normal again? Wondering if anyone has any idea what could be the issue

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Possible flaky pump microswitch. Alternately, if it's only happening when the machine is hot, it could be a control board on the way out.
    Dimal and lemoo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinator View Post
    Possible flaky pump microswitch. Alternately, if it's only happening when the machine is hot, it could be a control board on the way out.
    If the latter, would be an easy fix for someone with basic electronics skills...

Mal.
    lemoo and Caffeinator like this.

yeah i thought it would've been the micro switch as well but when it started working again i was left clueless
    might be a control board like you say mal, unfortunately i have 0 electronic skills or rather lack required confidence in the sector to attempt something
    will have to keep an eye out to see if it plays up again
    thanks for the input so far guys
    Dimal likes this.

That being said, like Caffeinator said, it is more likely to be the Micro-switch; maybe just needs adjustment or perhaps replacement.
    Easy to do in either case...

Mal.