• 1 Post By Jackster
  • 2 Post By roosterben
  • 1 Post By shauno
  • 1 Post By Caffeinator
  • 1 Post By Barry O'Speedwagon

Thread: Simonelli Musica lux side panels help

Simonelli Musica lux side panels help

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi Can anyone help? I bought a Musica roughly 3 yrs ago. Within 2 years the plastic side panel inserts that hold the side of the machine together have disintegrated basically become brittle. The inserts screw into the metal body. Several technicians have advised that I will need to buy 2 completely new side panels complete with led lighting the cost..... over $700!!!!! It's almost half of what I paid for the machine which was on sale. It makes a great coffee but it's disappointing that thin cheap grade plastics are used. Has anyone encountered this problem? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Simonelli Australia have not responded to my email seeking advice disappointing.

Sounds very dodgy to me.
    Maybe it's time you exerted your Consumer Rights...
    https://www.choice.com.au/shopping/c...onsumer-rights

Mal.
    Paolo and CafeLotta like this.

Senior Member Barry O'Speedwagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulfl View Post
    Hi Can anyone help? I bought a Musica roughly 3 yrs ago. Within 2 years the plastic side panel inserts that hold the side of the machine together have disintegrated basically become brittle. The inserts screw into the metal body. Several technicians have advised that I will need to buy 2 completely new side panels complete with led lighting the cost..... over $700!!!!! It's almost half of what I paid for the machine which was on sale. It makes a great coffee but it's disappointing that thin cheap grade plastics are used. Has anyone encountered this problem? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Simonelli Australia have not responded to my email seeking advice disappointing.
    Who did you buy the machine from? Have you spoken to them?

Can you replace the side panels with the “plain” versions? They won’t light up, but would be a lot cheaper...
    Dimal and 338 like this.

Side panels are available from elektros.
    Or make some timber custom panels.
    Dimal likes this.

Checked their site parts not listed online

Quote Originally Posted by shauno View Post
    Can you replace the side panels with the “plain” versions? They won’t light up, but would be a lot cheaper...
    Asked apparently lux machine isn't compatible with normal panels

Message them maybe. They are right across the road from simonelli factory.

Any cheaper option is going to take effort.

What about some of the led flexible waterproof tubes. Can they be adhered to the plastic?

Not really sure what is broken on yours, and I think uv and leaving the led on might shorten the plastics life

That's what they look like on the pics. The soft flexible led tubes.
    Maybe one of those sign guys, the plastic moulding guys, maybe they know the product simonelli used and how to replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackster View Post
    I think uv and leaving the led on might shorten the plastics life
    LEDs have very narrow emission bands, so they're not going to be putting out any stray UV.
    Last edited by Lyrebird; 3rd July 2019 at 09:01 PM.

Leaving machine on the sunny breakfast bar?

Oh... Flouro lights did it

It just thin poor quality plastic. Espresso Mechanics Australia's Simonelli distributor has a bunch of panels on order it will cost around 500 whick is reasonable.

Even $500 is still highway robbery for a couple of painted plastic panels, if this was the US their Lemon Laws would be having you a brand new machine quicksmart.

For something so fundamental to fail as the panels on the side I really think you should ask for a replacement even it was a refurb or a full refund. This is like having a car one year out of warranty and having the doors fall off. There is an onus on the manufacturer to provide goods of acceptable quality even outside warranty periods under Australian consumer law. Get in touch with you state office of fair trading and start a claim and I would be taking photos and posting to the Simonelli Facebook/Instagram accounts and dropping poor reviews on the review websites until you get taken seriously.
    Dimal and level3ninja like this.

Under the ACL you could reasonably expect the structure of the machine to last more than 3 years, hence it should be covered by warranty.

Raise that with the distributor or retailer...
    Dimal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shauno View Post
    Under the ACL you could reasonably expect the structure of the machine to last more than 3 years, hence it should be covered by warranty.

Raise that with the distributor or retailer...
    Agreed. It's unacceptable and they have a duty to look after you. You need to exercise your rights under ACL.

Side panels should be expected to last for at least 3 years. At the very most, you should be responsible for no more than the associated costs to fit them.
    Dimal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinator View Post
    Agreed. It's unacceptable and they have a duty to look after you. You need to exercise your rights under ACL.

Side panels should be expected to last for at least 3 years. At the very most, you should be responsible for no more than the associated costs to fit them.
    I contacted simonelli Australia no response, then I contacted simonelli in Italy they responded and gave me the aussie distributor espresso Mechanics. Simonelli weren't overly empathetic just flogged it off. Its poor manufacturing, I'll just need to buy new panels. It does make a good coffee

Senior Member Barry O'Speedwagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulfl View Post
    I contacted simonelli Australia no response, then I contacted simonelli in Italy they responded and gave me the aussie distributor espresso Mechanics. Simonelli weren't overly empathetic just flogged it off. Its poor manufacturing, I'll just need to buy new panels. It does make a good coffee

Who did you actually buy the machine from?
    level3ninja likes this.

I pm you before (not sure if you saw the pm). I'd like your old lux panels to mess with if you get new ones.

I still think the non lux would fit, but you would need to remove all the lux gear.
    I think I saw the parts diagram, and there was no difference in the mounting of the panels, so I figured they are interchangeable