• 2 Post By Casa Espresso
  • 8 Post By SilentBoB
  • 8 Post By SilentBoB
  • 4 Post By hawk87
  • 6 Post By SilentBoB

Thread: Upgrade time

Upgrade time

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Since my Breville Dual Boiler died my wife has gotten sick of me complaining about how long it takes to do everything now on the old Silvia I had to dust off and pull back out of storage.

She is also noticing that I'm spending all my free time on here and Gumtree looking for a decent second hand machine. So, in order to get me off my phone every five minutes she has convinced the family to chip in and put some money towards a new machine for my birthday.

I was originally eyeing an Appartamento but was also thinking of perhaps just stumping up the extra for a Giotto as it's a machine I've always liked the look of and may as well just buy once right?

The other machine in competition with the Aparmento is the Izzo ViVi.

So, any major pros or cons I should be aware of between the Izzo, Appartamento and the Giotto?

Machine will be paired with my existing K3 Touch and I work from home so will be used for a few cups a day. I'm mainly a flat white drinker with the odd espresso thrown in for good measure.

Hi Bob.

I think a little research will show you that you'd logically compare the Izzo Vivi with a Giotto/Mozzafiato Tipo V rather than the Appartamento.

The Vivi matches all aspects of the Giotto spec but ups the ante with a stainless chassis and spring loaded valves. Internal build and external finish are both A1.

It's definitely worth a very close look.
    Casa Espresso likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinator View Post
    Hi Bob.

I think a little research will show you that you'd logically compare the Izzo Vivi with a Giotto/Mozzafiato Tipo V rather than the Appartamento.

The Vivi matches all aspects of the Giotto spec but ups the ante with a stainless chassis and spring loaded valves. Internal build and external finish are both A1.

It's definitely worth a very close look.
    Sorry, I should have specified it competes against the Appartamento in the price category not so much features. If I stick to the lower budget with the Apartmento then the Izzo is a direct competitor in the price range. The Giotto comes in at a few hundred dollars more but the Izzo would still be weighed against it.

Cheers, I will take a closer look at it.

Hi Bob

Dimattina Coffee Osbourne Park are our Izzo dealer in Perth.

They have the Vivi in stock for a look

cheers

Antony
    www.casaespresso.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by Casa Espresso View Post
    Hi Bob

Dimattina Coffee Osbourne Park are our Izzo dealer in Perth.

They have the Vivi in stock for a look

cheers

Antony
    www.casaespresso.com.au
    Cheers Antony,

I'll pop in and take a closer look next to the Rocket machines which they also appear to stock.

After weighing up the features of all the machines I decided I liked the look of the Giotto the most and was set... took the minister of finances along to look at the machines and get final approval... and then the Izzo Alex Duetto caught her eye...

Upgrade....

Ahh... upgradeitis…

and tell us what happened next....

Antony
    www.casaespresso.com.au
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SilentBoB and Caffeinator like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Casa Espresso View Post
    Ahh... upgradeitis…

and tell us what happened next....

Antony
    www.casaespresso.com.au
    When the minister self approves a budget increase you don't argue... you put down the credit card and run

Came home with a Duetto
    Brewster, Dimal, Javaphile and 5 others like this.

All set up in its new home
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SilentBoB; 1 Week Ago at 11:35 AM. Reason: Put the picture the right way
    Brewster, Dimal, Javaphile and 5 others like this.

Well done - a very clever engagement with the minister of war and finance. I unfortunately went the "forgiveness is better than permission" route with my Synchronika purchase. Lets just say your process is less bruising.

How's the new machine going? Just go and look at it for short periods of time?
    Brewster, Dimal, SilentBoB and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk87 View Post
    Well done - a very clever engagement with the minister of war and finance. I unfortunately went the "forgiveness is better than permission" route with my Synchronika purchase. Lets just say your process is less bruising.

How's the new machine going? Just go and look at it for short periods of time?
    Thankfully the better half is a bigger coffee snob than me so it's not too hard to get approval for all things coffee.

Loving the machine so far. Have put my initial thoughts over in this thread - https://coffeesnobs.com.au/brewing-e...pressions.html

I have found myself looking across the kitchen and just admiring the machine ��
    Brewster, Dimal, Javaphile and 3 others like this.