• 3 Post By level3ninja
  • 1 Post By robusto
  • 1 Post By Dimal
  • 1 Post By Yelta

Thread: Sab Nobel not working

Sab Nobel not working

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi guys,
    Iím new to the forum and hope to have your advice on my Sab Nobel problem that probably due to overheating.
    So brief info on the machine that Iím second owner and itís about 2 years old. The machine has been in moderate use on 5-7 coffees a week and backflushed with chemical once a week.
    The problem started when it automatically turned off then I have to let it cool down before I could turn it on again. As the shut down repeated, I brought it to EspressoWorks(Perth) to take a service before I bring it to Brisbane due to moving interstate. Machine underwent service with several replacements like group seal, anti-suction valve, inline water filter, obviously nothing related to heating components. Therefore, after I got it to Brisbane the problem reoccurred then one day it totally shut down, nothing seems working except the water source indicator lighting up.
    I know I could bring it to repair shop again, but I would also want to learn a bit about machine. So I have multimeter maybe you guys could give me bits of advice/instruction on what components I could test to diagnose the machine problem to figure out the possibly broken parts.
    Thank you in advance.

Hi Nanos,
    Sounds like the control board is faulty. Could be caused by a burnt out relay with the internal contactor get stuck over a period of time turning on and off or the transformer is overheating causing machine to shut down until the board is cooler. Best to replace the board unless your handy with soldering

Sorry I can't help.....but just an observation that weekly chemical backflushing after just half a dozen shots is most probably unnecessary. Water backflushing should be enough for that frequency.

Chemical backflushing should be done weekly whether you have made 2 shots or 20. It's about the length of time the coffee oils etc are on the parts of the machine, not just how much of it passes through.
    Dimal, Yelta and kelvin8r like this.

Spot on...

Mal.

Haha...you wouldn't like a shot from my machine then.
    Dimal likes this.

Given how simple the task of detergent backflushing is, doing it weekly is not really a chore...
    It does make a difference.

Mal.
    Yelta likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimal View Post
    Given how simple the task of detergent backflushing is, doing it weekly is not really a chore...
    It does make a difference.

Mal.

A related task is soaking the portafilter (basket spring and spout removed) in back flush solution, you would be surprised how unsavory this area becomes as oil and grunge rapidly build up.

Needless to say, the basket, spring, spout and shower screen get the same treatment.
    Dirty shower screen..jpgDirty portafilter.jpg
    Dimal likes this.